Fan fiction Writers.

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2010, 01:22 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
One. if you write fanfic. tell me where it is, I'd love to read it and review. I always review.

And two... the ? I have is....

Has anyone ever told you that your writing is so good it should be used for real novels? As in.... my DH tells me often after reading excerpts from my twilight fan fic, that I should put more time into a unique novel and not a fan fic since I obviously have writing skills. lol thats dh's opinion which is good since he hates anything twilight related.. but he tends to lean over my shoulder while I write on occasion.

Im currently writing a children's book.. well I started it back before my first son was born in 2007.. yeah been that long... havent touched it since

Ive never thought about a real novel... Im not sure if I could do it... my fan fic plot lines are so much based on the characters in the book. Since DH doesnt know anything about those books, he may believe the brillant lay out spurs from my mind alone... but in reality some things can't happen without those characters.. though my fan fic centers around a unique character that I made on my own.. but still...

Any fan fic writers get applause for their fan fics? Anyone ever think about writing a truely unique story?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 28th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always get great reviews from my Harry Potter fanfiction. I don't think it's that good but then again I'm writing it. I also get good reviews from my National Treasure fantiction.

I'm on fanfiction.net under: iluvwriting

Harry Potter stories are: What if Lily Lived? Year One (Year two and Year three although I haven't finished Year Three yet, I'm barely halfway though.)

National Treausre Fanfiction: Lydia Gates and the Templar Treasure.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 28th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I do not write fanfic nor am I a writer. I wish I could but I lack the talent.

But I've been wondering the same thing as your DH. Some of the fanfics to not resemble the originals other than name. I remember reading that each of the Twilight books were influenced by other books, why can't the same be said of you? Why can't Stephenie Meyer by your influence?

Am I naive in my thinking?

Jenn
January 28th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybabies View Post
I do not write fanfic nor am I a writer. I wish I could but I lack the talent.

But I've been wondering the same thing as your DH. Some of the fanfics to not resemble the originals other than name. I remember reading that each of the Twilight books were influenced by other books, why can't the same be said of you? Why can't Stephenie Meyer by your influence?

Am I naive in my thinking?

Jenn
I think it's great to have an author be your inspiration/influence that being said JK Rowling is one of my influences.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My family and friends tell me all the time I should do something more with my writing and try to publish the original stuff I have laying around. But it's family , right not sure if they're just saying that to be nice lol. It wasn't until I started writing fanfic and people who didn't know me said they loved my stuff that I actually started to believe its good.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search