Favorite author?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What author's book have you read the most? What author have you read the most books from?

Last edited by Tweetybabies; February 4th, 2010 at 10:38 AM.
February 4th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Mary_Kat's Avatar Member
W. Michael Gear wrote the "Forbidden Borders" trilogy and I've read those three books 10 or 12 times each. I really like the story and the character development.

If the question read "What author have you read the most books from?" It would be Nora Roberts, without doubt! She's written a LOT of books and I've read every single one of them. Her books are kind of hokey and predictable, but I love the way she writes. I am particularly fond of her trilogies about sisters or female friends. I really like following the same characters through multiple books.
February 4th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love Maeve Binchy. The Glass Lake is my favourite of hers. Although her books are fairly predictable, I find I get attached to her characters. That's probably a good thing when reading a book!
February 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Kat View Post
If the question read "What author have you read the most books from?" It would be Nora Roberts, without doubt! She's written a LOT of books and I've read every single one of them. Her books are kind of hokey and predictable, but I love the way she writes. I am particularly fond of her trilogies about sisters or female friends. I really like following the same characters through multiple books.
Yeah, that's what I meant, Mary. Thanks. I've edited my post. I knew the question I wanted to pose but that's what happens when I'm distracted by 3 crazy boys running around while I'm trying to dash off a post.

Jenn
February 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Mary_Kat's Avatar Member
lol.. three crazy boys? that'll distract anyone
February 4th, 2010, 11:56 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now I'm still stuck on Stephenie Meyer.
The second question... hmm... maybe Lurlene McDaniel.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
February 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What author's book have you read the most? Probably Twilight or New Moon

What author have you read the most books from? V.C. Andrews for sure

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

February 5th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the book I've read the most is Lightning by Dean Koontz. It's one of my favorite books, but that's not why. When I first started going out with DH, I lent him the book. I told him it was a great book and that he should read it. This was before I realized he didn't read. So when I was bored at his place b/c he was busy with something, I would pick up and read Lightning b/c it was the ONLY book in the house. I think I may have read it 4 or 5 times.

Most books from an author? That's another tough one for me. Once I find an author, I tend to seek out all their books to read. That's why the reading challenges that I've been participating in for the last couple of years have helped me venture out of my comfort zone. I think for me it would be James Patterson, Piers Anthony, Lillian Jackson Braun and Dean Koontz. I'm only guessing b/c they've all written a lot of books.

Jenn
February 5th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybabies View Post
I think the book I've read the most is Lightning by Dean Koontz. It's one of my favorite books, but that's not why. When I first started going out with DH, I lent him the book. I told him it was a great book and that he should read it. This was before I realized he didn't read. So when I was bored at his place b/c he was busy with something, I would pick up and read Lightning b/c it was the ONLY book in the house. I think I may have read it 4 or 5 times.

Most books from an author? That's another tough one for me. Once I find an author, I tend to seek out all their books to read. That's why the reading challenges that I've been participating in for the last couple of years have helped me venture out of my comfort zone. I think for me it would be James Patterson, Piers Anthony, Lillian Jackson Braun and Dean Koontz. I'm only guessing b/c they've all written a lot of books.

Jenn
Ohhh Lightning is one of my favourite books too! I've read it twice, and I think I should read it again!
I think the book I read the most would be the first Harry Potter book. Most books from an author would be Danielle Steel, back in the day. I used to be obsessed, but now I don't think I could read any of her books. Also Sidney Sheldon, read all of his books
February 5th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Most books from an author would be Danielle Steel, back in the day. I used to be obsessed, but now I don't think I could read any of her books. Also Sidney Sheldon, read all of his books
I used to read Danielle Steel's books, too. I still do once in a while for a light, romantic read. I've read all of Sidney Sheldon's books as well. He hasn't come out with anything new in a while, has he? Oops, just read that he passed away a few years ago.

Jenn
February 5th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I used to read Danielle Steel's books, too. I still do once in a while for a light, romantic read. I've read all of Sidney Sheldon's books as well. He hasn't come out with anything new in a while, has he? Oops, just read that he passed away a few years ago.

Jenn
Yes, he did, unfortunately. I loved his books, they used to keep me up most of the night
February 5th, 2010, 05:45 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
What author's book have you read the most? I've read Catcher in the Rye probably five or six times. I typically read every book I own two or three times. I've had to start getting books from the library because I was spending so much a month buying books, and library books only get read once before I take them back.

What author have you read the most books from? Um, probably Janet Evanovich. I've read every book in the Stephanie Plum series, plus the Metro Girl books and one of her early romances.

February 5th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
[B]Um, probably Janet Evanovich. I've read every book in the Stephanie Plum series, plus the Metro Girl books and one of her early romances.
I love the Stephanie Plum series. I'm reading Finger Lickin' Fifteen now. I've read the Metro Girl books and most of her early romances, too. Janet Evanovich is a such a fun read.

Jenn
February 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
Quote:
I love the Stephanie Plum series. I'm reading Finger Lickin' Fifteen now. I've read the Metro Girl books and most of her early romances, too. Janet Evanovich is a such a fun read.

Jenn
Those and the Sookie Stackhouse books are my guilty pleasure. The highlight for me of every summer is the release of the new Stephanie Plum.

February 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Veteran
James Patterson. i've read almost every book he's written. amazing stuff (there's a few i didn't care for though, haha, but mostly amazing work)

Dylan loves school and anything to do with learning (counting, reading & math). This spring he started another season of soccer, as well as playing Tee Ball for the first time. He new favorite toys are Transformers & WWE Wrestling figurines. He loves to color and be artistic. He's currently finishing Kindergarten.

Delaney has eczema due to allergies. She's Egg-Free, Wheat/Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free & Citrus Fruits-Free. She's lefty and the rest of us in the house are righty. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, Pinocchio, Princess Snow White, Aurora, Belle & Care Bears. We're currently working on potty training, but it's not going well......

February 8th, 2010, 11:51 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Kat View Post

ive only read one series by nora roberts but i loved them! im not sure what its called but the books r, the red lily, the blue daliah and the black rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebutterfly View Post
What author's book have you read the most? Probably Twilight or New Moon

What author have you read the most books from? V.C. Andrews for sure
yes!! this answers both ?s. fav author and most books read!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 9th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I've read quite a few of Ben Elton's novels. I'm not really a novel person, I prefer non-fiction, so my actual favourite author is probably Doreen Virtue or Diana Cooper.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search