February Book Club read!

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It looks like we're reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins for February! I'm so excited!

The Host by Stephenie Meyer was a close second. There was mention of having the book that came in second place be up for discussion for the next month. Let me know if you are still interested in doing that. Or if you would rather have another poll with different books up for vote.

I was thinking of opening a discussion for The Hunger Games on February 15th and you can join in whenever you read the book.

Please let me know if you have any other thoughts, opinions, suggestions.... I am open to anything.

Thanks,
Jenn
February 8th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
maybe we can set up a chat (I realize the chances of us all being available at the same time is slim to none) to discuss.

I am currently in another book club doing The Hunger Games on Shelfari and they've got some great discussion questions I can nick.

I'm so excited! BUT I'd better read it just before we start discussing. I'd hate myself and ya'll would hate me too if I slipped in something from Catching Fire on accident.
February 8th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm.... a chat sounds interesting... I wonder how we would go about doing that. So far, I think there are 11 of us. It might be tough to get everyone on at the same time, schedule wise and time zone wise.

And oh, no! Do not give away spoilers from Catching Fire! I am putting off reading for a little bit so I don't to wait as long until the final book comes out.

Jenn
February 8th, 2010, 11:09 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
im not sure if ill be able to read while moving and all.. but as for chat, check the chat schedule for openings and pm Twinkle and ask for a chat spot. ill try to get my hands on that book though, i can read between painting and so on!

i cohost march08 pr chats on tuesday & thursday 9 est. i am usually not online until 9 central or later when kids are in bed. but i can try to make any chat unless its my other chat time.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 9th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
oh I'm so excited to discuss The Hunger Games! I love this book! And I promise no spoilers from Catching Fire! as for chat time, I have WTTC chat at 9est on Wednesdays but if I know in advance, I may be able to work it out. or later Wednesday would be fine too. 9est is only 6 for me, so I'm not picky! Have fun reading!!!

February 9th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
I'm all in for reading the book but I would probably do better responding to a thread about it rather than making a chat time . . . I work, I have my family and 16 hrs this semester!

Here is the link to Amazon, listed starting @ 9.50.

Half.com / Books / The Hunger Games

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 10th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtroads View Post
I'm all in for reading the book but I would probably do better responding to a thread about it rather than making a chat time . . . I work, I have my family and 16 hrs this semester!
Yes, I figured that it might be difficult for some to do a chat. It'll be hard for me to get on the computer at a set time, too, and I don't even have your workload.

I will take a look at the chat schedule to see if it is doable at all.

Jenn
February 10th, 2010, 11:35 PM
okay.. just wanted to let you people know.. I started reading this book just to see if I'd like it.. and im on page 50.. just started like 30 mins ago... and ive already cried lol... im sooooo into this book already!!! So glad it was suggested!!!

February 11th, 2010, 03:53 AM
blueyedbabii's Avatar Blueyedbabii<3
Send a message via Yahoo to blueyedbabii
im gonna have to borrow it from the library

February 11th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacup Addict View Post
okay.. just wanted to let you people know.. I started reading this book just to see if I'd like it.. and im on page 50.. just started like 30 mins ago... and ive already cried lol... im sooooo into this book already!!! So glad it was suggested!!!
Good to hear that you're enjoying it. Were you able to get your hands on an actual copy or are you reading from the site you mentioned?

Jenn
February 11th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Im reading it from the site! I was folding towels, so I opened up my laptop and started reading .. lmao needless to say I didnt finish my laundry.

February 12th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacup Addict View Post
Isn't it great?? LOL I've read it about 4 times since last August I think It's a very good read. and they are apparently making a movie out of it, that supposedly comes out in 2011! So excited!!!

February 13th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *vi View Post
Isn't it great?? LOL I've read it about 4 times since last August I think It's a very good read. and they are apparently making a movie out of it, that supposedly comes out in 2011! So excited!!!
Are they really?!?? That is exciting!

Jenn
February 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM
blueyedbabii's Avatar Blueyedbabii<3
Send a message via Yahoo to blueyedbabii
ok i haven't even had time to get it yet but i will. but after tomorrow im not posting in this section til i read it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search