Forever Amber

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This book is often compared to Gone with the Wind. I got it because it was on someones 100 books to read before you die.

The funny thing is... my middle name is Amber (Kimberly Amber) and after I started reading it I remembered a lot of conversations between my grandmother and mother about that book. My grandmother HATES my middle name because of that book. As recently as my high school graduation they discussed this when all the other Kimberly's where Kimberly Anne's.

All my mother would say is that Amber was a "loose" woman.

That isn't HALF of it! She's awful, I can't even compare her to Scarlett- people are applauding Amber for taking care of herself but ahhhhhhh!

It's a long book (written in 1944). I'm almost 400pgs in with 300 to go. I really DON'T like her but it is written well so I can't stop. This is so frustrating! The author can't even give me one character to pull for. I really just want to finish it and be done with it! Which is an odd feeling for me reading a book.
February 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never heard of this book, let alone heard it compared to Gone with the Wind. I have to read 7 banned books as a part of my reading challenge. I think you may have given me one of them.

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search