What do you think, Twilight Fans?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2010, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There are articles going around saying that maybe Breaking Dawn will be split into two movies, a la Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

What do you think? Aye or nay?

Jenn
February 22nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't care if it's one movie or two, as long as they finish the series.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
February 22nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm... I don't really think it's necessary to split. Deathly Hallows is so huge and every moment is important and needs to be in the film/s, so if one movie can't fit everything in; then they simply must make two. To cut anything important out of Deathly Hallows would just be heartwrenching and tragic. Breaking Dawn is my favorite of the Twilight series and I can't wait for the movie, but I don't think there is enough real substance in the book that it can't be pruned down to fit into one movie. A lot of the story was them just waiting for something to happen: waiting for Bella to have Renesmee, waiting for the Volturi to arrive, etc.

That said, I don't care if it's split into two. I'll watch it/ them either way. Like I said, it's my favorite of the series.

Last edited by cheezpoofs; February 23rd, 2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Underlined Titles
February 22nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't care if they split it or not. I just want it to stay TRUE to the storyline.

February 22nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyfidget View Post
I don't care if they split it or not. I just want it to stay TRUE to the storyline.

I hated Twilight. There was so much they left out and so much crap they put in that was just dumb. New Moon was soo much better because they stuck to the book. I don't think Breaking Dawn NEEDS to be two movies, because really it's mostly just Jacob's POV of things and like already said, waiting for Bella to have the baby. BUT the movies will be like the books then bring on two parts. I'm not a huge fan of Breaking Dawn in the first place, but it can't get much worse than the Twilight movie

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

February 22nd, 2010, 03:56 PM
VTmomma's Avatar Cool Momma
It doesn't matter to me as long as they make the movie. My daughters & I did the midnight premier of New Moon & will be doing the midnight premier of Eclipse in June.

Love the books & movies.

February 22nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Breaking Dawn was my favorite of the series, too. I am not a fan of splitting up the book into two movies. To me, it's just a marketing scheme. But that's JMHO.

Jenn
February 22nd, 2010, 09:08 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ Pretty much! It's not like HP where there IS a ton of info. Yeah, it's a longer book, but really how much of that can they put into a movie? Can Jacob's POV really be used? I don't care if they do it, but I'm going to be pissed if they do and it still sucks lol

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

February 22nd, 2010, 09:49 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
they just want more of our money..... but I'll watch it if its better than Twilight. New moon was better.. because it went more along the lines of the book.. but they still changed things... and that always makes me mad. Maybe they want to split it to put it in Jacob's POV and then in Bellas for the next part?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 23rd, 2010, 07:08 AM
Josey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Josey
Jumping in here.....

IDK so long as it is by the book! If they PG it down or cut out important things I will not be happy. I also hated Twilight because they left out soo much of the book. Why do they think it's necessary to cut out the book and add things that have nothing to do with the story??

Thanks to ~* Helen *~ for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search