Log In Sign Up

Writing Challenge 2/24: Breaking up with Writer's Block


Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
February 24th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 5,644
It's time for you and Writer's Block to part ways.

Write a letter breaking up with Writer's Block, starting out with, "Dear Writer's Block, it's not you, it's me ... ."
__________________


Jenn
Reply With Quote
  #2  
February 24th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: My heart belongs in Washington DC
Posts: 6,415
Jenn you crack me up. I'll post the letter when I've got it written up.
__________________


Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
February 24th, 2010, 10:18 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 22,412
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
lmao that's great. I'm gonna do that. Me and Writings block are arguing at the moment, I think its time to let him go.
__________________


Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
February 25th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 5,644
Glad y'all like! Now where are the letters??
__________________


Jenn
Reply With Quote
  #5  
February 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 16,390
Dear Writers Block,

It's not you, it's me. Really, I mean that. Okay, maybe I don't. You've been a royal PITA throughout this entire processes, but yesterday when I had a break away from everything and I wasn't feeling pressured by you, everything became very clear. You are a stress I don't need in my life and its very simple how to get rid of you....

I just won't write. Ha! Take that. All those hours I'm sitting here trying to piece something together and you're there taunting me, well, those days are over, buddy. I has flooded with ideas yesterday during our little break so its very clear that the only thing I need to do when you're around trying to make life harder is step away and forget about it.

So, its time you packed away your power to scramble my brain and move on. Its been almost a year since we found each other again, but you my friend are someone I tire of easily and I refuse to put up with any more of your crap.

Have fun screwing over the next person
__________________

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!







Reply With Quote
  #6  
February 25th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebutterfly View Post
Dear Writers Block,

It's not you, it's me. Really, I mean that. Okay, maybe I don't. You've been a royal PITA throughout this entire processes, but yesterday when I had a break away from everything and I wasn't feeling pressured by you, everything became very clear. You are a stress I don't need in my life and its very simple how to get rid of you....

I just won't write. Ha! Take that. All those hours I'm sitting here trying to piece something together and you're there taunting me, well, those days are over, buddy. I has flooded with ideas yesterday during our little break so its very clear that the only thing I need to do when you're around trying to make life harder is step away and forget about it.

So, its time you packed away your power to scramble my brain and move on. Its been almost a year since we found each other again, but you my friend are someone I tire of easily and I refuse to put up with any more of your crap.

Have fun screwing over the next person
Love it, Jen!
__________________


Jenn
Reply With Quote
  #7  
March 3rd, 2010, 07:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: My heart belongs in Washington DC
Posts: 6,415
It's late but here's my letter.


Dear Writerís block;

Iím serving you with an eviction notice. As of March 6th you are no longer allowed in my life, I wonít have Burn Notice to think about so Iím going to have to actually be able to write so I donít go completely crazy waiting for season 4 to come out or for the extra $$ to splurge on the DVD set.

But you know what? Since Iím so nice Iíll let you back in starting in about September, because thatís when Burn Notice comes back. (I think, Iíll have to check my local listings. I'll get back to you on that.)

RJ

PS If there is kissage between Mike and Fi in the Season Finale (tomorrow, the 4th) you are being booted out as soon as their lips touch. Mike and Fi don't get enough kissing scenes and Iíll have to write a fan fiction about it.

Consider yourself warned.
__________________


Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
March 4th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsmith1996 View Post
It's late but here's my letter.


Dear Writerís block;

Iím serving you with an eviction notice. As of March 6th you are no longer allowed in my life, I wonít have Burn Notice to think about so Iím going to have to actually be able to write so I donít go completely crazy waiting for season 4 to come out or for the extra $$ to splurge on the DVD set.

But you know what? Since Iím so nice Iíll let you back in starting in about September, because thatís when Burn Notice comes back. (I think, Iíll have to check my local listings. I'll get back to you on that.)

RJ

PS If there is kissage between Mike and Fi in the Season Finale (tomorrow, the 4th) you are being booted out as soon as their lips touch. Mike and Fi don't get enough kissing scenes and Iíll have to write a fan fiction about it.

Consider yourself warned.
Very cute! But hey, this is more like taking a break than a break up! You are too nice, RJ! Kick him to the curb!
__________________


Jenn
Reply With Quote
  #9  
March 4th, 2010, 10:41 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 22,412
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
LMAO you ladies crack me up.


Dear Writer's Block,

It's not you, it's me... seriously.. I can't stand to be around you anymore. Your mere presence makes me crazy! Your constantly bringing me down, making me feel stupid because I just cant think of the next step and I'm just so tired of it! Your bringing me down with every day you're here, not only me but my friends, my fans, they dislike you as much as I do. There are things in my life I need to get done and you are constantly standing in my way. Its over. Deal with it. I hope your next victim is as strong as I've grown to be. Dont think your so special, with strength, anyone can overcome your power.
__________________


Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
March 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacup Addict View Post
LMAO you ladies crack me up.


Dear Writer's Block,

It's not you, it's me... seriously.. I can't stand to be around you anymore. Your mere presence makes me crazy! Your constantly bringing me down, making me feel stupid because I just cant think of the next step and I'm just so tired of it! Your bringing me down with every day you're here, not only me but my friends, my fans, they dislike you as much as I do. There are things in my life I need to get done and you are constantly standing in my way. Its over. Deal with it. I hope your next victim is as strong as I've grown to be. Dont think your so special, with strength, anyone can overcome your power.
__________________


Jenn
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0