Cheezepoofs- Left Behind.

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2010, 10:49 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
My girlfriends and I passed those books between us back when they first came out. I have read from the first til the 11th book (I think it was 11) The last one is Glorious Appearing which I own but have never read..... I really should read it now.. I dont even remember why I didnt read it!

But anyway.. just wanted to let you know I've read most of them if you want to discuss them, I'm here! my girls and I loved those books, we loved how they took bible verses and put them into terms we could understand. they are one of th best seriies I've read. When you get to Glorious Appearing let mw know and I'll read it with you.

Have you noticed anyting in todays life that reminded you of anyting in the books?

I saw you were on the mark..... that was a great book. IT really starts to explain things and takes a new turn.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
March 5th, 2010, 09:22 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got all the way up to Glorious Appearing and didn't read it and years passed and now I have to read the first eleven again so that I remember what happened before the end.

It would be awesome to read Glorious Appearing with you! We can certainly discuss the books, but I do want to let you know that I am not Christian (atheist, actually), so the religious theme is tedious for me. I'm really reading through the series because I remember it being good back when I read it the first time through and I need to recap before I can read the end of the series. I just wanted to finish the series to say that I have and I must know if it's Rayford or Buck who was about to die in the end of Armageddon (). Oftentimes, I find myself wanting to quit and just read the wiki articles of the books instead and get on with my life and read something else; but I am stubborn and want to get through the whole series. I do enjoy the action and think that Lahaye and Jenkins really did a good job in bringing Biblical apocalyptic prophecies to life. I like the vivid imigary and enjoy the non-preaching/ Bible parts. I did realize that this is a Christian series before I started re-reading it, though, so there are no surprises that it is very proselytizing.

As for real world/ Left Behind similarities; again, it's not something I believe in to begin with. I also don't watch the news and pay very little attention to what is going on around me in the world other than what is going on in my direct personal life and family.

March 5th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I think I'm gona have to reread some too! lol I think I have the last 4, so I'll start there! I cant remember if it was Rayford or Buck.. lmao I'll have to read it again. ACtually I think I can only remember as far back as The Mark. Im not sure what comes next.. is it armageden?... I could look it up but im lazy. I remember the first few, left behind, tribulation force, soul harvest, nicholae very well.. not sure if thats the correct order but those are some I remember.

Im not a big relious person, I dont go to church or anything. I believe on my own time. The books are well written and it's great that anyone can read them regardless of their beliefs!

March 5th, 2010, 10:15 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Armageddon is the eleventh book. Desecration is the ninth and The Remnant is the tenth. If you haven't read Glorious Appearing yet, you wouldn't know who it is that dies either. Both were in precarious situations at the end of Armageddon and the book implied that one would not make it. It was a cliffhanger. I finished the first eleven before Glorious Appearing was written. Of course I remember such an important cliffhanger!

March 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I keep hearing about this series. I was apprehensive since I am not religious at all. However after reading both your comments, I may put this on my TBR list.

Jenn
March 7th, 2010, 07:45 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the series... I actually have 15 of them, but I don't know if that's all of them. After The Glorious Appearing, they wrote Kingdom Come, The Rising and The Regime. They were also good, but I don't think they were as good as the "original" 12. I enjoyed the series. I am Catholic, but we go to a non-denomonational church. I do remember who died at the end.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
March 7th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezpoofs View Post
Armageddon is the eleventh book. Desecration is the ninth and The Remnant is the tenth. If you haven't read Glorious Appearing yet, you wouldn't know who it is that dies either. Both were in precarious situations at the end of Armageddon and the book implied that one would not make it. It was a cliffhanger. I finished the first eleven before Glorious Appearing was written. Of course I remember such an important cliffhanger!
I started reading Glorious Appearing then stopped for some reason.. I think I moved or something.. may have been when me and DH first moved in together... dont know but I still have the book! I bet my bookmark is still in it. My roommate and I always used the reciept for our book as the bookmark lol it was like a tradition.

I own, The Mark, Armageddon, desecration, the Remnant and glorious appearing. My roommate and I bought them together she kept the first ones as they were softback and I kept the hardbacks, hoping to collect the first few in hardback as well.

Let me know when you are ready for Glorious Appearing. Which one are you on now? I may have to reread Armageddon to prepare myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybabies View Post
I keep hearing about this series. I was apprehensive since I am not religious at all. However after reading both your comments, I may put this on my TBR list.
You should definantly give it a try! I too was apprehensive til my roommate asked me to give the first book a try and I really enjoyed it!
It has a lot of relgious things in it, and it details the bible, but in words you can understand,, it explains things completely, yet there is still a story in there. The characters are loveable and provide much entertainment. Theres romance, action, suspence, they are really great books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingStar View Post
I have the series... I actually have 15 of them, but I don't know if that's all of them. After The Glorious Appearing, they wrote Kingdom Come, The Rising and The Regime. They were also good, but I don't think they were as good as the "original" 12. I enjoyed the series. I am Catholic, but we go to a non-denomonational church. I do remember who died at the end.
My then roommate told me recently that they had made three more after that! She is trying to get her hands on them, so I suppose my rereading the 11th and finishing the 12th is important! lol

Last edited by The Lesha; March 7th, 2010 at 09:03 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search