Would you consider books on CD or audiobooks...

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
and count them as reading?

I've only started listening to books on CDs in the past year or so. I started with the Harry Potter series and my older boys kids have loved them. I've listened to a few other audiobooks but I've never put them on my list of books that I've read.

Would you?

Jenn
March 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I doubt it. I can't concentrate like that and would probably fall asleep listening to them lol. Plus I find that the reader's voice is either lacking enthusiasm or kind of creepy

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

March 7th, 2010, 02:41 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never tried them. I just don't think I could get into them. I'm a visual person and have to read something to really get it. Plus I love to just read, I enjoy sitting down and reading a book....

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

March 7th, 2010, 08:37 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It would be hard for me, I don't think I could focus on just listening
Maybe when I'm older and can't see very well or going on a long car trip.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
March 7th, 2010, 10:05 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I thought about it when I worked for the paper and spent much time in my van. but Ive never bought or listened to one. I think I'd prefer reading it myself over listening to someone else.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
March 8th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one audio book on my ipod and I tried listening to it but my mind keeps wandering off. I've only listened to one audio book long time ago, I don't think I could do it again. It's not the same
March 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I'd much rather read than listen to a book any day. It's just that a friend mentioned that she just didn't have time for actual reading anymore and the only way to get in her reading fix was to listen to audiobooks in the car. I thought it would be a great idea b/c honestly I was getting a bit tired of listening to the Wiggles all the time.

I started with the Harry Potter series. The reader, Jim Dale, is amazing! He does different voices for every character. Ty, my oldest, started asking to listen to Harry Potter whenever we got into the car.

I've tried a couple of other audiobooks and they've been eh. But they are just for the car rides. We like going on road trips and it works out nice. I've even gotten Ty a portable CD player so he can listen to his books on CDs on his own. He's listened to Inkspell, Wind in the Willows, The Magic Treehouse series... He likes being able to listen to his own thing while we play kiddie music for the little ones.

I borrow these little playaway audiobooks from the library to listen to when I work out at the gym. I haven't tried it out yet, but I was getting a bit bored working out and staring into space.

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search