Need Suggestions for Authors

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2006, 12:58 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello all--I am an avid mystery/suspense reader and am running out of authors to check out from the library. I used to go to the bookstores and randomly select books in this section, but now, I have to actually know the authors and I am struggling. I have read so much over the years, that I have kept up with my favorite authors so I need advice on new ones. Just to give you an idea of what I like:
James Patterson, Tami Hoag, Jonathan Kellerman, Mary Higgins Clark, Iris Johnston... and the like.
If you have any suggestions, please help me!
Thanks!

April 21st, 2006, 02:15 PM
amymarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to amymarie Send a message via MSN to amymarie Send a message via Yahoo to amymarie
Hi and Welcome!! I am a huuuuuuuuuuge James Patterson fan....I am trying to find 4th of July right now on ebay or something cheap because I want to read 5th Horseman but I want to do it in order.

Anyway, in the meantime while I search for a cheap copy of 4th of July, I took the advice of some of these ladies and picked up a Dean Koontz book. I never read anything by him, and I must say it was really really good. The one I read was Door to December...and it had me so freaked out the night I finished it that I was afraid to get up and use the bathroom in the dark so I stayed in bed...lol. Definitely try that one.

Have you read all the James Patterson books? The Women's Club ones are really good and I love love love the Alex Cross series. I have extra copies of some of his books and we're trying to start a swap so if you need one to read, let me know and I will send it to you.

Billy Lewis: The Heart of the Light!

<div align="center"></div>
April 22nd, 2006, 05:08 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and thanks--
I have read ALL of Patterson's and love all of them. I wish more were made into movies, but oh well! I prefer mysteries, but Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas is one of my all time faves. If you haven't read it, do so and keep tissues handy! I have read some of Koontz, but not as consistently as other authors. You definitely have to read the Women's Club in order so good luck finding it. I had it, but gave it to a friend and doubt I will get it back or I would send it to you! Good luck finding it (try out a local library as well)!

April 23rd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you like historical mystery? Check out Caleb Carr. He wrote "The Alienist" and "Angel of Darkness", both are great. Or you can try Elizabeth Peters and her Amelia Peabody series, I love those. Have you tried going classic like Agatha Christie? She's always been my favorite. If you want a cozier mystery, with a bit of humor try the Agatha Raisin series.
There's also M.C. Beaton, John Connolly and Robin Cook (read the first ones, his latest novels aren't that good)
I'll see if I can think of anything else, but you can try browsing Amazon.com. Sometimes I get good ideas from the lists people make, there are many lists on mystery books.

Sharon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search