Last Song- By Nicholas Sparks

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 08:21 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Has anyone read the book?

Are you excited to see the movie?

My friends keep telling me to read the book. I saw the movie preview yesterday... Im thinkin bout reading it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
March 16th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I plan to read The Last Song.

Apparently, Nicholas Sparks is pretty popular in my area b/c the library shelves have been empty of his books the last couple of times I've been to the library.

I will read The Last Song b/c I read all his other books. He writes nice, sappy books that sometimes you just need.

I'm not too sure I will see the movie. I'm not a huge fan of books turn into movies but I will watch them. However, I am not a fan of Miley Cyrus, so unless the movie is amazingly good, I will probably not watch it....

Jenn
March 16th, 2010, 08:59 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never ready any Nicholas Sparks books, maybe I should check one out some time. I haven't seen the previews for the movie either...

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

March 17th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't read it, but I want to. After I've read other books I need to read. I also want to see the movie, but not before I read the book
March 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The movie acutally makes the book look good but I don't see Miley Cyrus movies , I don't like her. I'll be seeing if it's at my library the next time I go.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
March 17th, 2010, 09:55 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
I won't read anything by Nicholas Sparks. I don't want to support his arrogance.

Quote:
Nicholas Sparks has no love for people who call his stories "romances."

The mega-best-selling author of The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Nights in Rodanthe, Dear John and Message in a Bottle stands in the aisle of Book Soup, literally and figuratively defending his turf.

"If you look for me, I'm in the fiction section. Romance has its own section," he says toward the end of a long conversation. Sunshine streams in from Sunset Boulevard. He's smiling. Hard.

"I don't write romance novels." His preferred terminology: "Love stories — it's a very different genre. I would be rejected if I submitted any of my novels as romance novels."
Nicholas Sparks, Miley Cyrus share a 'Last Song' love story - USATODAY.com

Get over yourself, dude.

March 17th, 2010, 04:14 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
LOL he is rather arrogant.

I want to read it one because my friends say its a good book and two the previews dont make sense to me, I cant tell whats going on and I want to know!

I'll probably see the movie when it comes to dvd, but I highly doubt I'll go to the theater to see it and I'll most def read the book first. (which I know is a bad idea.. but still...)

I loved A walk to remember, but I hated the movie.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
March 17th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
I won't read anything by Nicholas Sparks. I don't want to support his arrogance.

Nicholas Sparks, Miley Cyrus share a 'Last Song' love story - USATODAY.com

Get over yourself, dude.
Wow, just wow. I used to think that Nicholas Spark must be this amazingly romantic guy to write all these love stories. And what a lucky wife. Until I read his memoir, Three Weeks with My Brother, which opened my eyes to what kind of person he really was. Not romantic at all. He comes out with his books not b/c he is such a romantic but b/c he is a workaholic and makes himself sit down and write everyday. Not exactly what I had envisioned. I still read his books but not in the same light as before.

His books are romances. They may not be Harlequin romances, but they are romances nonetheless. I cannot believe that he thinks himself to be so unique. Umm.... I would put him in the same category as Danielle Steele.

And did he really compare himself to Hemingway??!? Wow. That's all I have to say.

Jenn
March 18th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! I knew something was off with him after I read Dear John. I won't say why, just in case someone wants to read it. After that book, I had to take a break from him

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search