What a great board!

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2006, 10:57 AM
NCMomma2BE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey all I just found this board!!! I will definitely be coming over here more often!!! My name is Sara, I'm 22 and pregnant with my first

So I read the Da Vinci Code a while ago (can't wait for the movie this weekend ) Then I started on Angels & Demons, but shortly after I began, I found out I was pregnant so I bought a sleu of pregnancy related books and put Angels & Demons on the back burner for a while. Well I finally got sick of reading about pregnancy (there's only so many ways they can reword the same things over and over and over) So I started A&D back up again. I really really liked it and couldn't put it down until right near the end and that was only because I didn't have anything else to read and didn't want the book to end

So for Mother's Day, DF bought me two of his books that I haven't yet read, Digital Fortress and Deception Point I was wondering if anyone has read either of these and how they were? I'm not sure which to start with, I want to start with the better of the two since I am getting so close to labor, I need a really good read to keep my mind off contractions, back ache etc.

Any ideas???

Thank you and I look forward to chatting and getting to know you all soon!!!

<div align="center"></div>

*We loved you from the very start, you stole our breath, embraced our hearts. Our life together has just begun, the most precious gift, our little one!*</span>
<span style="color:#3366FF">~Sara~ Mommy to Rylee 6.30.06, wife to Chris 1.6.04 & married on 1.24.07
May 17th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I just finished The da Vinci Code and I did like it. The ending was kinda disappointing, but I don't think he could've ended it any other way, actually. When you write something that's supposed to be so world-changing, any ending will sound weak. But it was a good book, I think I'll give his other books a try.
I wonder what's he gonna do now. After writing such a talked about best-seller, it's very difficult not to disappoint with further books. He has big shoes to fill- his own.

Sharon
May 21st, 2006, 08:49 AM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With all the talk about his Da Vinci Code I was thinking of picking up a copy to see what all the fuss is about, it's not my style book but everyone seems to love it or hate it, so it must be a good read. Haven't read anyhting else by him, I tried Deception Point but it's not my type of book, so I gave it back to my father-in-law who I borrowed it from.

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

June 1st, 2006, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't really come to this board often, but thought I'd drop by...so Hello everyone!

I saw this topic and have to say that I really like this guy. So far all I've read are The Da Vinci Code and part of Angels and Demons...I'm about halfway into it and I think it's pretty good so far. If this one doesn't disappoint me I'm sure I'll move on to some of his other books. I agree with Sharon (DavidsMommy) he's got his own big shoes to fill!

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
June 1st, 2006, 07:45 PM
suchablessing's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to suchablessing
Hey guys, I normally just lurk in this section, but wanted to post here. I must admit Dan Brown is one of my favorite authors. "Deception Point" was the first book by him I really read. It is QUITE different then "Da Vinci Code" and "Angels & Demons" in my opinion, though. But at the same time, I really enjoyed "Deception Point" It was a book I couldn't put down.

About his main two, Vinci and A&D, my clear favorite was A&D! I simply adored that book and wished it had been made into the movie instead of Da Vinci. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I am sure I will.

I haven't read "Digital Fortress" yet. I went to the Library the other day and I swore I picked it up. But when I got home, I had "Deception Point" in my hand! Whoops!

Soon to be first time Mommy!!

June 3rd, 2006, 03:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Momof3lads
I have all of them.. the only one I haven't read is Deception Point... Digital Fortress is a great read too, I'm yet to make a start on DP as I have quite a few new books to get through.. I'm a self confessed bibliophile

Jay xx

<span style="color:#FF0000">My chart</span>
June 4th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I'm just finishing "Angels and Demons" and I have to say I'm liking it more than "The DaVinci Code". The ending seems to be a little too James Bond-y for my taste, but the plot is much better than DaVinci.

Sharon
July 15th, 2006, 09:41 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I read The Da Vinci Code a while ago and LOVED it. I have Angels & Demons but for some reason haven't read it yet!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

July 16th, 2006, 09:18 AM
evie&kipper's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved both the DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons. I have been wanting to read Digital Fortress and Deception Point, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I love a good read!!

Blogging our daily adventures: http://raisingevieandkipper.blogspot.com/
July 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
I finished Digital Fortress and it was OK. I was about to start Deception Point but I realized that as a new mommy I need something lighter. My brain cannot grasp very complicated concepts at the moment
So I picked up an Agatha Raisin mystery instead: cozy, light and you don't need to squeeze your brains too much

Sharon
August 19th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well they are all so faboulous!! Its soo good to find people who have actually read the book and not just heard about them
The amount of people who have tried to have a discussion with me about the Da Vinci code and failed becuase all they know is what theyve seen in a documeatary!
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

November 29th, 2006, 10:37 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
OMG I did the same thing with A&D put it down to read pg books. LOL I havent even picked it up yet.. I really should. Its getting good.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search