Sign In

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2004, 04:43 PM
zonapellucida
I have read 4 books over the last week and am presently waitng for the MOMMY MYTH to come in at the library. I think it might be worth discussing. . . .it is by sheila Douglas and is subtitled "the idealation motherhood and how it has undermined women."
August 31st, 2004, 04:44 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Hi, everyone!

If you can put your books or pens down long enough, please sign in!

Name:
Fav Book:
Fav Series:
Your kids:
Kid's fav books:

And anything you might want to mention:
</span>
August 31st, 2004, 04:54 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Aug 31 2004, 06:43 PM
I have read 4 books over the last week and am presently waitng for the MOMMY MYTH to come in at the library. I think it might be worth discussing. . . .it is by sheila Douglas and is subtitled "the idealation motherhood and how it has undermined women."
Would you be willing to do a review of the book for us? And would you do a summury possiable for us to do a discussion on below? Thank You!!!
August 31st, 2004, 07:25 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Name: Becky, board host
Fav Book: The Negotiator by Dee Henderson
Fav Series: Harry Potter & Dee Henderson's series
Your kids: Ella & Nathan
Kid's fav books: Ella likes Veggie Tales board books & "Mr. Brown can Moo, Can You." by Dr. Suess

And anything you might want to mention: I love non-fiction & fiction. I am also a writer. Anyone else writing??
August 31st, 2004, 07:37 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Name: Jaime
Fav Book: BIBLE
Fav Series:Left Behind series
Your kids: Jacob and Alisha
Kid's fav books: bible stories and disney characters

And anything you might want to mention:
I love to read and can sit down and read a 450 page book in a couple of hours.
I am on #8 of the left behind series. just waiting until pay day(this weekend) to buy it!!

August 31st, 2004, 09:04 PM
ranidae
Name:Rani
Fav Book: The Secret Garden or Anne of Green Gables
Fav Series: I have two that are equal, Anita Blake vampire hunter and Meredith Gentry fairy series by Laurell K Hamilton
Your kids: Krystle Elaina and Skyla
Kid's fav books: The Little Fellow by Marguerite Henry, Rich Rudish and the Harry Potter series the twins are not into books yet except to eat them LOL

And anything you might want to mention: We are a book loving family, the last time we did a book give away we had over three boxes (large boxes) of books that I was still grabbing books back out as we were pulling up to the Navy Hospital where we donate all our books. At one time we had 5 full large book cases, but I have downsized us to around one and a half.
September 1st, 2004, 05:43 AM
zonapellucida
Quote:
Originally posted by tig2ger4lifemommy+Aug 31 2004, 06:54 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-zonapellucida
Quote:
@Aug 31 2004, 06:43 PM
I have read 4 books over the last week and am presently waitng for the MOMMY MYTH to come in at the library.* I think it might be worth discussing. . . .it is by sheila Douglas and is subtitled "the idealation motherhood and how it has undermined women."
Would you be willing to do a review of the book for us? And would you do a summury possiable for us to do a discussion on below? Thank You!!! [/b]
Sure! It will make me pay more attention, LOL.
September 1st, 2004, 05:46 AM
zonapellucida
Name: Heidi
Fav Book: TOO many but I love the Gothic Authors ie Jane Ausint, Henery James
Fav Series: Nancy Drew! Read them ALL one summer when I ws in second grade. Best summer!
Your kids: see list
Kid's fav books: Harry Potter series, Horse stories, and the younger ones are jsut starting to read easy piture books
September 1st, 2004, 09:05 AM
Regular
Name: Michelle
Fav Book: See Below... I can't have just one favorite book....
Fav Series:Wheel of Time series, Pretty much anything in the Forgotten Realms area, Harry Potter, The Arthuran Saga, the new Hythran series, Lord of the Rings.....
Your kids: Dokota, Kauchana, Xavier, Derric
Kid's fav books: Dokota - Harry Potter, Kauchana - N/A, Xavier - N/A, Derric - N/A

And anything you might want to mention: Not many people are into my books.. but I still love to discuss them..
September 1st, 2004, 07:37 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Michelle2002@Sep 1 2004, 11:05 AM
Name: Michelle
Fav Book: See Below... I can't have just one favorite book....
Fav Series:Wheel of Time series, Pretty much anything in the Forgotten Realms area, Harry Potter, The Arthuran Saga, the new Hythran series, Lord of the Rings.....
Your kids: Dokota, Kauchana, Xavier, Derric
Kid's fav books: Dokota - Harry Potter, Kauchana - N/A, Xavier - N/A, Derric - N/A

And anything you might want to mention: Not many people are into my books.. but I still love to discuss them..
Michelle,

Would you be willing to do a little piece on each series and PM it to me so that I can put that in our book reviews?

Who knows maybe I can get a discussion going on one of them!

Let me know! Thanks!
September 11th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name : Julie
Fav Book : Wow just one???? I'm going to have to go with being a series junkie (see below)
Fav Series : Anita Blake & Merry Gentry by Laurell K. Hamilton, Harry Potter, Almost anything by Orson Scott Card, The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, The Vampire Chronicles (although I am way behind) by Anne Rice, there are probably a lot of other ones, but I don't feel like running in to examine the bookshelves right now
Your Kids : Riley (10-24-01)
Kid's Fav books : Right now he has a dinosaur book that goes everywhere with him. I am proud to say that I can now say Stenonychosaurus without even thinking about it

Hmmmm... well, between DH and myself we have WAY too many books. We have two full bookshelves right now and about 6-8 moving boxes full in the basement that we haven't unpacked yet. I hate getting rid of books, but we have decided to thin out some of the stuff that isn't series/fav author related. Of course that has been slow going and it seems like for every book I get rid of, we get a new one I am also (very slowly) working on a novel, its the first thing that I've started that my husband is actually encouraging me to keep writing, so I'm guessing its not horrible, but I keep getting stuck, so it will probably take me forever to finish it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search