Gtky 9/22

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What one piece of furniture would you not be able to part with?

Jenn
September 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have this green recliner. The upholstery on it is kind of ugly and doesn't fit with anything and the back is broken because one of the bolts just ate the wood up so the back kind of slides out of place a bit so it's best not to lean it back, but you can still put the foot rest up and it's still a comfy chair.

It's in storage right now cause I don't have the room for it, but I don't think I'll ever get rid of it until it can't be used anymore. That chair is from the 70s. It's got sentimental value to me because my granddaddy and I would sit in it and watch TV together and take naps. My family got the chair when my grandparents bought new recliners. The chair used to be covered in copper corduroy! So the green is an upgrade, but still, the designs on it are bleh. But I love it

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

September 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-Su View Post
I have this green recliner. The upholstery on it is kind of ugly and doesn't fit with anything and the back is broken because one of the bolts just ate the wood up so the back kind of slides out of place a bit so it's best not to lean it back, but you can still put the foot rest up and it's still a comfy chair.

It's in storage right now cause I don't have the room for it, but I don't think I'll ever get rid of it until it can't be used anymore. That chair is from the 70s. It's got sentimental value to me because my granddaddy and I would sit in it and watch TV together and take naps. My family got the chair when my grandparents bought new recliners. The chair used to be covered in copper corduroy! So the green is an upgrade, but still, the designs on it are bleh. But I love it
Awww, sounds like you have great memories with the recliner!

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search