Hermione

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I Heart 4x4
Am I alone in thinking that there is something fishy about Hermione?
September 5th, 2004, 06:48 PM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
Fishy as in how? I am going to re-read my OOtP again to refresh!!
September 5th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I Heart 4x4
Let me see if I can adequately explain.

Ever since reading CoS, I have had a sneaking suspicion about Hermione. The fact that everyong keeps saying she's "the cleverst witch of the age" or however it goes. The fact she is close to Harry but does not seem to have parents (her parents are Muggles, and we've never actually read dialogue from them, but we've heard of them being in the same scene). The fact that she just knows stuff conveniently right when Harry needs to know.

Maybe it's all a bit unfounded, but, I just think there's more to Hermione we don't know. Whether it's good or bad ...
September 6th, 2004, 10:02 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
I can't remember which book it was, but her parents did have conversation....acted like muggles.

I like her, hope that she is kept good, just maybe a new twist to the story that is all!
September 7th, 2004, 05:52 AM
I Heart 4x4
Does anyone know what role Hermione played in the Shakespeare play from which her name was "borrowed"? I believe it was "A Winter's Tale" but I am not 100% certain.

Looks like I've got a busy day of research ahead of me!
September 7th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oooo Ooooo I just had a thought! They always talk about Hermione being muggle-born AND about being the "the cleverest witch of the age". What if ..... she's actually adopted and her muggle parents never told her. She could be anyone's kid, even .... Voldemort's! That would certainly put a different twist in things if she has to decide between loyalty to her friendship with Harry and doing what she thinks is right or potentially saving her birth father. (Sort of an Obi-wan Kenobi - Darth Vader kind of thing)

September 7th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I have more, first here is a summary of "The Winter's Tale"
http://shakespeare.palomar.edu/lambtales/LTWT.HTM

The parts taht I think MAY have some bearing on HP is the following very brief summary

Basically, Hermione is the virtuous wife of the king. The king invites his best childhood friend to come visit. Hermione and the friend hit it off (completely innocently), and the king becomes jealous and orders the friend gone and Hermione imprisoned.

What this COULD mean is that somewhere in the next two books, Hermione does somethign (potentially involving Ron?) that makes Harry extremely suspicious and because of him she is wrongly expelled or imprisoned ...

*shrug* This could also work into the above adoption theory that after she finds out about the adoption something happens leading to the above. I don't know ... too much thinking on my part... going to clean something now

September 7th, 2004, 09:32 AM
I Heart 4x4
Great Job!!!!! That is excellent research... it does seem that a romance is brewing between Ron and Hermione .... and Harry can be a jealous twit ...

Keep up the good work!
September 7th, 2004, 11:48 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley3303@Sep 7 2004, 11:32 AM
Great Job!!!!! That is excellent research... it does seem that a romance is brewing between Ron and Hermione .... and Harry can be a jealous twit ...

Keep up the good work!
But I thought that Hermione seemed a little more interested in Harry and Ron was the jealous one, interested in her. And Harry has denied any interest beyond friendship.
September 7th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I Heart 4x4
Quote:
Originally posted by tig2ger4lifemommy+Sep 7 2004, 12:48 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Ashley3303
Quote:
@Sep 7 2004, 11:32 AM

Keep up the good work!
But I thought that Hermione seemed a little more interested in Harry and Ron was the jealous one, interested in her. And Harry has denied any interest beyond friendship. [/b]
I'll dig up some quotes to prove my theory! I'll have to do it tomorrow, because today is too hectic!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search