What are you reading? December

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I realize it's already the middle of the month!

I finally finished reading One Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley. It only took me a month.

I started reading Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich. Her books are usually quick and easy reads so hopefully it'll break me out of my reading funk!

Jenn
December 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
im on the werecat series by rachel vincent. im re-reading. but i just picked "the clockwork prince" by cassandra clare and will be startting that next. soon ill have to start rereading the hollows series(or at least the very last one) because the new one comes out mid febuary. im soooo excited!!!!

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

December 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
The last thing I read was Ranger's Apprentice, but I havent finished it yet, been way busy.

Jenn, I love Janet Evanovitch!! Im only on book #10. Im waiting on my sister to give me the rest so I can read all of them one after another like I did with 1-9 lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Super Mommy
I just started A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard earlier tonight.

December 22nd, 2011, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lesha View Post
The last thing I read was Ranger's Apprentice, but I havent finished it yet, been way busy.

Jenn, I love Janet Evanovitch!! Im only on book #10. Im waiting on my sister to give me the rest so I can read all of them one after another like I did with 1-9 lol
Great to see you, Lesha! The Janet Evanovitch books are awesome. So funny! But Smokin' Seventeen was just okay for me. It was like she was being outrageous just for being outrageous sake, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmama View Post
I just started A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard earlier tonight.
How is the book? I've been thinking about reading this, yet at the same time I don't want to..... I listened to Room by Emma Donaghue which is a fictional story which was already hard to get through. I'm afraid I would have difficulty with something that happened for real.

I'm still reading light hearted books - Bedeviled Eggs by Laura Childs. It's okay, just something to read. I like her teashop series much better.

Jenn
December 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybabies View Post

How is the book? I've been thinking about reading this, yet at the same time I don't want to..... I listened to Room by Emma Donaghue which is a fictional story which was already hard to get through. I'm afraid I would have difficulty with something that happened for real.
It's good so far. Not good that it happened obviously, but it's making me think and have to digest some disturbing facts. At the end of each chapter, she has a reflection about the preceding chapter and it's great to see how well she is healing from it.

I read Room also, and I agree that it was hard to get through. I have a feeling the rest of this book will be hard to get through.

December 27th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
going to read clockwork prince starting in a just a few min

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

December 28th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Reading Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce to my son and A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn for myself.

Alex Flinn is the woman who wrote Beastly which was made into a movie.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

December 29th, 2011, 06:39 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The boys and I are reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I just bought The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan and haven't started reading it yet, but I will.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search