Audio books?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
do you listen?

I Love to listen to audio books. when i work (im not currantly working outside our home) i listen on the way there and back. and when im cleaning or messing about the house, gardening or landscaping (my fancy word for mowing that big A!@ yard out back). my fave way to listen is when iv read a book and i want to reread to see if there is a different "voice" to the story. iv just read the whole shifters series by rachel vincent (LOVE IT) and iv completed the clockwork prince today. but iv not listened to them yet so i think i might (after i listen to kim harrisons hallows series, cause the newsest comes out in feb and there are a LOT of books to listen to)

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

January 3rd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I do listen but it's not my first option. I listened to a bunch of audiobooks this year bc I did an audiobook reading challenge where I opted to listen to 6 audiobooks. I actually did not complete the challenge. I was in the middle of the last audiobook.

I used to enjoy listening to audiobooks while I cooked but still the CD component of the BOSE died, I can't do that anymore. I like listening in the car but I have to be careful of what I listen to bc then it must be kid friendly.

I'm also having trouble finding good readers. I've picked some audiobooks where I'm not crazy about the reader's voice or accent, or something or other. That makes it difficult to listen to. So I don't.

My favorite audiobooks to listen to are the Harry Potter ones. Jim Dale, the reader, is awesome. I just finally got around to borrowing The Christmas Carol, also read by him. Can't wait to listen to it.

Jenn
January 3rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
YES! he was really great in the HP series.

i havent listened to it yet but my gma said the book "AMAZONIA" was really really well read and the readers voice was better then reading it. SHOCKED me completely when she said that.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

January 4th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to put that on my list of audiobooks to hunt for.

Jenn
January 15th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was never interested in audiobooks but I did check out my first a bit over ten years ago--it was read by Derek Jacobi and I couldn't pass up listening to him (It was Daughters of Time by Josephine Tey). When I had a longish commute, I would listen to books but now that I am a SAHM, I don't do audiobooks anymore. Although I may consider one if a voice comes along that I can't resist
January 17th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I mostly listen while I'm nursing the baby. I used to read, but I discovered that listening to an audiobook while nursing was a great way to get in my "book" fix while also being to rest my eyes. I tend to lay down when I nurse, so my biggest problem was forgetting to turn on the CD player before I settle down with nursing.

I started with A Christmas Carol with Jim Dale reading. I'm having a big problem with it. I keep expecting him to say Harry Potter!

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search