What Are You Reading? January

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
I finished [U/] ClockWork Prince [/U] by Cassandra Clare yesterday. I went to amazon and bought a novella Never to Sleep by Rachel Vincent and also barrowed Bloodlines by Rachelle Mead from the library so im going to be one busy reader for the next week or two There are so many books to be read and so little time! Drat that house for being in need of cleaning!

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 3rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I didn't know that Cassandra Clare had another book out?? I'll have to put Clockwork Prince on my TBR list. I've enjoyed her other books.

I actually haven't started any new books this year yet. I'm still trying to finish up a few books that I started last year, at the beginning of the year!

Jenn
January 3rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
it was awesome! finiahing up anything good?

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Finished Bloodlines on to Never To Sleep.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 9th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I finally finished up A Whisker of Evil. Trying to be superorganized in 2011, I made up a spreadsheet to keep track of my reading. Well, it looks like I started reading A Whisker of Evil on 1/29/11. It took me almost a year to finish it!

It wasn't a bad book. I just wasn't very into it, even though I love mysteries. I think what the problem was, was that I kept thinking I've read this book before and I was afraid of finding out if I read further, that I did. I did read one book from this series/author before but as I finished the book, I realized it wasn't this one.

I'm now reading Fruit of All Evil by Paige Shelton. I'm considering it my new book of 2012 even though I did read a handful of pages at the end of December. It's already Jan 9 and I haven't even really read much yet. I'm going to blame it on the kids' birthdays and all for now. I really hope it's not indicative of the kind of reading year I am going to have....

ETA: I just realized I wrote that I'm NOT reading Fruit of All Evil - of course, I'm reading it!

Jenn

Last edited by Tweetybabies; January 17th, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
January 15th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am reading The Emperor of Ocean ParkbyStephen Carter at home and Jane Austen's Persuasion in the car
January 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm reading The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory. I was hooked after reading The Other Boleyn Girl. But gee, it's so confusing trying to follow who is who and what family/house they belong to, esp since almost everyone has the same name! But fascinating nonetheless!

Jenn
January 25th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I finished The Red Queen. Loved it. That time period is so fascinating, but yet at the same time I cringe at the thought of all the violence of war and instability of the time. I think Philippa Gregory is a great storyteller. The Red Queen was definitely a page turner. I liked it as much as I did The Other Boleyn Girl which was one of my favorites from her. It makes me want to re-read The White Queen which is the first book in the Cousin's War trilogy and the same story but written from the perspective of Elizabeth Woodville/Queen Elizabeth.

I haven't decided what to read next yet. At the rate I'm going, I don't think I'm going to meet my reading challenges this year. The Red Queen is only my 2nd book for the year. I'm a bit behind compared to years past.

Jenn
January 26th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I started reading The Proof is in the Pudding by Melinda Wells yesterday.

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search