***January's CHAT Thread***

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
Twins are going back to school tomarrow Its not that I dont like to have my alone time (because I soooo do) its that I miss them. Since they still opt to go to a school, im going to continue looking for a job (part time) and I might start classes myself soon. I think I have finally chosen a university. So we will see how things work out this month. So much to do.

whats up with you all? anything fun?

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 3rd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for starting up the January posts, Bella! I really appreciate it! Awww... you must miss your twins when they're in school. What do you plan on studying when you go back to school?

Things are still hectic as usual here. Kids allhad a great Christmas and New Year. Luc had fun playing with his cousins on New Year's Eve aka his birthday. And he's been enjoying all his presents since then. And now I have to getting cracking on everything I have to get done for MJ's birthday party this weekend. I CANNOT believe that she's already turning 1!

Jenn
January 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
I hope to be taking psych classes soon (and would to add in english but not so sure if i can). waiting for a phone call now....and now... and now....

lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LUC AND MJ!!!!

are you back on more now? I almost forgot to do these

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 4th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bella - The kids say "Thank you!" Well, MJ says "yeh!"

Thank you so much for pitching this past month! I really, really, really appreciate it!! You're the best!

Jenn
January 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
welcome just glad you are back. i dident do much. anytimeyou need me im around

Carter smashed his finger at school today. of course i got the call when i was at the dentist. The dr put a small finger brace/sheild on him and some tylonal, he is doing much better. we dont think its broken but have to keep a heavy on it for infections under the nail bed.

the night has been drama free so far though

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 9th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! Hope Carter's finger is okay!

Party over! What a relief! We had 38 people in our house - this includes us - so we had a packed house! But it all went well. The food went and the kids (all 19 of them) played together so well. Surprisingly no fights and spats that needed to be taken care of. And MJ, despite not having had a nap, had a great time and enjoyed her time in the spotlight. She finally crashed in my mother's arms after 4pm after cake time. Perfect timing!

I cannot, cannot believe that my little girl is going to be 1 in two days. I just won't let her!!

Jenn
January 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Zach isn't napping anymore. Well, less anyway. Don't know if I should be sad about it or not. I mean, he's 3 1/2 already and not napping is not the end of the world. However, when he doesn't nap, he has terrible nightmares at night, from which he will not be comforted. So frustrating. I can't force him to nap. I hope he outgrows this quick.

Jenn
January 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The weather is insane here! It was sleeting and snowing this morning! And to think less than a week ago, we had summerlike weather!

Jenn
January 15th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My two year old refuses to nap most of the time. It's exhausting
January 17th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, how do you do it??? Ty, my oldest, napped until he was 4 and even when he didn't nap, he had quiet time. It was glorious! I needed down time! Besides, he was making up for the fact that he didn't nap for the first year of life! Luc was a great napper until he started staying up until midnight - so I had to cut out his naps/quiet time at 3. I have to keep Luc from napping or he'll be up until the wee hours of the morning! Now even though the two littles nap, I have to keep an eye of the older ones or they will create havoc, fool around and not get any work done! So no more down time for me.

Jenn
January 17th, 2012, 10:31 AM
My oldest cut out naps around two as well so it seems normal to me. He still needs one most days and will occasionally doze off in the car or during quiet time but most of the time, he fights the tired until bedtime LOL
January 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Cater took a nap just yeasterday he could probably still take naps if he were allowed (hes 8) Reece otoh, sigh, he stopped late in his third year. its rare if he takes a nap.

carters finger is doing better. it doesent hurt him anymore but its still very bruised and the nail could fall off anytime (hope not though) and he needs to wear the brace so his finger isent accidently hit.

so busy that i havent had a chance to read lately. i have been listening to a book but even that hasent happened in a few days. i am taking a book with me to pick up the boys (i wait in line for about 30-40 min at school ). im a bit excited about it.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I brought the kids to visit my old workplace yesterday. So many unfamiliar faces & so many changes! Then again, I do realize that it's been almost 9 years since I left. But it was great seeing the ones I did know. Everyone was asking when I was coming back! lol I found out that one of my old co-workers just had another baby - her 5th! - and which extends her childcare leave another 4 years. I have 3 years to figure out what I want to do. There's so many no so good changes happening at the school, that I don't know if I want to go back.....

Jenn
January 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Jenn, so you live in Canada?

What kind of career did you have before mat. leave?

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

January 19th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I am supposed to drop by the ped's office for Isabelle's weekly check-in but it's so cold and snowy and windy I may wait until tomorrow Since my oldest two are sick.
January 20th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bella - Your twins are 8!?!? For some strange reason I thought they were preschoolers. Yikes on the nail possibly coming off. That image gives me the heebiejeebies!

Nope, I used to teach in NYC. We used to get 5 yr childcare leave which recently was reduced to 4 years. From what I understand, it used to practically limitless. One of my colleagues didn't come back to work until her youngest was in college!

Hazel - Hope Sterling and Bryce feel better soon and it doesn't go around to the rest of the house. The boys have had a couple of colds since September and I got a little tired of saying to them "Stay away from your sister and don't get her sick!"

Jenn
January 20th, 2012, 06:33 PM
My boys here that so often Isabelle is in congestive heart failure so we try really hard to keep her from catching anything. Between that and the extra protection she gets from breastfeeding, we have been lucky so far.

We are getting some actual snow right now instead of just a light dusting. Sterling is very excited
January 24th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Took MJ to get her birthday pics taken on Saturday. And she did NOT want to cooperate. We did not get one single good pic. Tried again today. She was tons better but still not that great. At least we got a few smiling shots. And she was having a crazy hair day. I haven't a clue what to do with a girl's hair. I'm totally not a girly girl. And whenever I even get near MJ's hair, she always shakes her head from side to side like she saying "no, no, mama, don't touch the hair!"

Jenn
January 24th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I have yet to get a good pic of my kids together--at least one of them is making faces or looking in the wrong direction
January 31st, 2012, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
I have yet to get a good pic of my kids together--at least one of them is making faces or looking in the wrong direction
You know, I responded to this the other day and it's not here!

My kids are always looking in different ways!

MJ is taking steps!!!

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search