January Roll Call ~ Calling All Members & Lurkers!!!!

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't done roll call in a while. I know there aren't many of us posting, but please check in!

Lurkers, chime in, too! There are lots of views but not many people posting. So I know you're out there! Don't be shy! Let me know what we can do, so you'll post more often!

At least poke your head in & post what you're reading once in a while. It gives us the rest of us ideas of what to read. I love finding out about new books!

Name:
Child(ren):
Favorite Author(s):
Genre(s) I stay away from:
3 books on my TBR list:
What I would like to see on the Readers and Writers board:

Name: Jenn
Child(ren) & their age(s): Ty (8), Luc (6), Zach (3) and MJ (1)
Favorite Author(s): Currently, they are Philippa Gregory & JK Rowling
Genre(s) I stay away from: Sci-Fi and Westerns
3 books on my TBR list: The Help by Kathryn Stockett, 11/23/63 by Stephen King, Sarah’s Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
What I would like to see on the Readers and Writers board: I'd love to see more "faces."

Jenn
January 17th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
Name: Bella
Child(ren): 2.5 Twins Reece and Carter and SS Drake (he is only here half time so hes my halfie)
Favorite Author(s): JKR, Cate Tiernan, Rachel Vincent, Kim Harrison (there are a ton of great authors)
Genre(s) I stay away from: ROMANCE ONLY. i usually stay on the paranormal area
3 books on my TBR list: Darkness Falls, A Perfect Blood, and The Power of Six
What I would like to see on the Readers and Writers board: more discussions on books. i realize that is a very hard thing to do though since there is such a bog variety of books out there. but even a little synopsis of the book you read and what you did and did not like about it. ratings and such.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´Ż☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

January 20th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthlysoul View Post
What I would like to see on the Readers and Writers board: more discussions on books. i realize that is a very hard thing to do though since there is such a bog variety of books out there. but even a little synopsis of the book you read and what you did and did not like about it. ratings and such.
I suppose that's what the "What Are You Reading" thread should be about. Also one of the sub-boards is a Book Review for all to post about the books they are reading and a review of what they like or did not like. It never really got off the ground.

I will confess that I am very guilty of just reading and not writing about it. I tried getting a book blog up but I just wanted to read and was not very into writing or reviewing afterward. Honestly, I'm just not that good at writing...

Jenn
January 22nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Super Mommy
Name: Rachel
Child(ren): Isla (5 1/2), Roma (4), Ruby (1 1/2), Harper (4 months)
Favorite Author(s): Janet Evanovich, Jane Austen, Stieg Larrson
Genre(s) I stay away from: Probably romance most
3 books on my TBR list: Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud, The Night Circus, The Story of Beautiful Girl
What I would like to see on the Readers and Writers board: I like the above suggestion of more discussion about what we're currently reading.

January 24th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Rachel!

Ooh, I like 2 of your three authors - Janet Evanovich and Steig Larrson (I've got finish the last book of his trilogy - I only just found out that the series was supposed to be 10 books!) and I was looking into 2 of your books on my TBR list, too. I've heard great things about The Night Circus and Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud. Although I am a bit iffy about Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud bc it hits too close to home.

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search