Watcha reading now?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
I don't think I ever made it back to the discussion thread
Neither have I.

I can't right now, but I think I might try to revive the book club in the coming weeks if there is interest.

I'm revisiting my childhood. I'm re-reading the Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace. I got Betsy and Tacy and Tib from the library yesterday. I have to wait for them from other libraries since my library doesn't seem to have the entire series, only the first book.

Jenn
March 20th, 2012, 12:50 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybabies View Post
I'm revisiting my childhood. I'm re-reading the Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace. I got Betsy and Tacy and Tib from the library yesterday. I have to wait for them from other libraries since my library doesn't seem to have the entire series, only the first book.
That's fun. I can't wait to read Roald Dahl books to my little one.

I have just started Sarah's Key - Tatiana de Rosnay. It's been a long time since I've read a WWII holocaust related novel.
March 22nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by magz88 View Post
That's fun. I can't wait to read Roald Dahl books to my little one.

I have just started Sarah's Key - Tatiana de Rosnay. It's been a long time since I've read a WWII holocaust related novel.
I remember reading a couple of the Roald Dahl books to my oldest. Then he started to read and now he reads them himself.

I have Sarah's Key on my TBR list for the year.

I finished Quinn and Betsy and Tacy and Tib yesterday.

I started reading Death by the Dozen by Jenn McKinlay. As usual, I took a sneak peek at the recipes in the back of the book. It was filled with vegetable infused cupcakes... No thank you!

Jenn
March 22nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:

It was filled with vegetable infused cupcakes... No thank you!
Sounds...interesting. I do like zucchinni bread but carrot cake I am not as keen on.
April 5th, 2012, 04:33 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Veann! Good to see you here again! I loved the first 2 books in the series but Mockingjay left me a bit discontented. Do you know if they are making all three into movies or just the first one?

I finished Forever. I definitely liked this series.

I'm almost finished with Eve. I think I might be able to finish tonight before I go to sleep.
They are doing the whole trilogy, though it will probably be four movies, I think. I loved all three books so much! I think they are great, all three captivating, gripping, and heartbreaking.

Edit: I have read several books since last update. I am currently reading Glass by Ellen Hopkins. It is quite good as was Crank.
Bella Nyxe likes this.

April 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
oh! i loooove ellen hopkins! i listened to that whole series except the very last. im waiting to get it from the library (like anytime now....impatiently waiting). the readers voice in the prose was one of THE BEST iv listened to yet! EH is a fab writer.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

April 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been reading bunches, but mostly light reading.

I'm currently reading ***** My Dad Says by Justin Halpern. I'm spending most of my time reading, going and .

I'm also reading Pretties by Scott Westerfeld on my nook.

eta: That's funny. On the book, the "bad" word uses an exclamation instead of the letter i and that's how I typed it, yet it was still bleeped off.

Jenn

Last edited by Tweetybabies; April 18th, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
April 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I am now reading Girl, Stolen by April Henry. I just finished The Giver and really liked it other than the abrupt ending. I have been reading YA books very quickly lately. I've read eleven this year already (not all YA, but mostly).

May 12th, 2012, 07:56 AM
The Handmaid's Tale. I'm about a quarter of the way through and not sure what to think of it quite yet.
May 16th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Veteran
I am finishing up" Fast Food Nation" wow what a read it will change your eating habits forever it also discusses big business and how they work

May 16th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I am reading 'Past Perfect' Susan Isaacs. I found it on the bookshelf at work. It's OK so far. Not my usual type of book.
May 18th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Veteran
I finished up City of Bones and am now reading "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks
May 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is another book after The Giver called Gathering Blue. Not a sequel but slightly connected.
May 22nd, 2012, 05:57 AM
Veteran
I went out on aa limb and am reading a fiction book I haven't decided if I like it yet the subject material is hard to read if you are a conservative woman but I'm giving it a go.............The Cider House Rules.........

May 22nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
I read that one a few years back. It was a tough read, emotionally, for me at least. I did enjoy the author's ability to weave the different story lines together--some books struggle to do that in a natural-feeling way.
May 30th, 2012, 04:50 PM
The boys and I are nearing the finish in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. We will, of course, move on to Half-Blood Prince next. In an effort to not be late to the craze, I am reading through the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. It's alright and I did enjoy Darker more than the first; but it's certainly not going to be my new Hunger Games. I like it, I just don't love it, is all. I am also reading Gone by Michael Grant, which I AM loving. It is an awesome book and I have no idea what is going to happen next! Can't wait to find out!

May 31st, 2012, 06:31 AM
I have a PG Wodehouse novel uploaded to my phone--my head is reading it in Hugh Laurie's voice lol
May 31st, 2012, 03:40 PM
Regular
i read city of bones, city of ashes, and i'm on city of glass right now. i've also read lock and key, along for the ride, and i recently finished immortal city.
June 3rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to make my way through Brisingr (the third Eragon book) by Christopher Paolini so I can finally read the forth one and finish the series.

I'm also reading The Variant Effect by G. Wells Taylor on my Kindle. It was free from Amazon when I got it and it might still be. I like the idea of the book, but the main character keeps complaining about his hernias which is kind of annoying.
September 8th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Pageturner
I am currently reading The Girl in the Steel Corset, by Kady Cross. This is the first in The Steampunk Chronicles. Good so far!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search