April Chat Thread....

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bella Nyxe
  • 1 Post By Hazel
  • 1 Post By Tweetybabies

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
We have had some sickies going around this last week or so. On spring break we went to Kentucky and stayed in a lake house. We were on the lake a lot and although the weather was really hot, the water was not and i think thats how it all started. ugh. i hate being sick and i think im getting what everyone else has. im the last i hope.

also, i started my candle business not too long ago and dh worked his last day saturday to start his business. Its so EXCITING!!! this year has brought so many things already that im almost always busy with something

whats new with you? grab a cuppa and tell us all about it

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

April 9th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had the sick last week and the week before as well--poor Isabelle ended up in hospital for four days because of it and her surgery had to be postponed (was supposed to be tomorrow but is now next Thursday).

Its spring break for my oldest so we are glad to be rid of the sick so we can hopefully do some fun things before the surgery next week!
April 10th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
We had the sick last week and the week before as well--poor Isabelle ended up in hospital for four days because of it and her surgery had to be postponed (was supposed to be tomorrow but is now next Thursday).
Was thinking about you and just remembered that the surgery was supposed to be today. Sorry to hear that Isabelle was so sick, enough to postpone her surgery.

We've had the sickies here, too. It started with Zach and went around to the other kids and myself and then Zach re-contaminated himself and is sick again. It just never ends....

Jenn
April 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
She is feeling good now but they need her to be healthy for at least a week before surgery and being in hospital the week before pushed things back. Fingers crossed there is no sickness this coming week!

Poor Zachary I hope he feels better soon
April 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM
sick again here too. blah. still have it. im sorry you all have it too. its drainging me sooo much. im not even on my laptop hardly at all, i can read cause i cant focus and i cant listen to my books on my ipod cause my ears hurt. blah.

ok im doing complaining now

i hope you all start feeling better and stay well

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

April 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM
We seem to be healthy over here but that may be because it's spring break and there are no germs coming home from school

Hope all of you are feeling better!
April 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Darn sickness! DH is getting sick....but I'm holding up so far.

I just started re-reading Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah....I forgot how much I enjoyed her as an author.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 18th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thinking of Isabelle!

Hope everyone is feeling better!

Started planting with the kids over the weekend and already some critter tried digging something up!

For a while there, before the kitchen CD player broke, I enjoyed listening to Kristin Hannah books while preparing dinner. There's just something about her books.

Jenn
April 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Isabelle had her surgery yesterday and is doing great she is in the PICU but she's off the vent and able to have breastmilk (by Bottle, though, and that makes her mad. Too many tubes and wires for nursing!)
April 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Isabelle had her surgery yesterday and is doing great she is in the PICU but she's off the vent and able to have breastmilk (by Bottle, though, and that makes her mad. Too many tubes and wires for nursing!)
OMG! im so happy she is doing well! sorry she is mad though its good to see that she is a mommy's milk monster though. keep us updated! im thinking of her
Hazel likes this.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

April 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Well, the bottles mad her so mad that she refused to take anymore and was getting really stressed out about it. Her surgeon thought it important that she get a chance to nurse so they carefully lifted her out of bed into my lap and while she was too uncomfortable to do more than take a few swallows and cuddle, it improved her mood quite a bit and she started doing better afterwards. They put in a feeding tube until her chest tubes came out and once they were out, she has been nursing like a champ. She is doing great and will be going home tomorrow
Bella Nyxe likes this.
April 25th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh! Having so much problems with JM lately. The page was not even loading for me the last few days!

Quote:
Well, the bottles mad her so mad that she refused to take anymore and was getting really stressed out about it. Her surgeon thought it important that she get a chance to nurse so they carefully lifted her out of bed into my lap and while she was too uncomfortable to do more than take a few swallows and cuddle, it improved her mood quite a bit and she started doing better afterwards. They put in a feeding tube until her chest tubes came out and once they were out, she has been nursing like a champ. She is doing great and will be going home tomorrow
Glad to hear the surgery went well and Isabelle is doing great! Wow, going home already? That's awesome! Will be thinking of you all!
Bella Nyxe likes this.

Jenn
April 26th, 2012, 04:48 AM
It sure was nice to sleep in a bed last night instead of a chair!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search