Goodreads

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dustywillow

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Veteran
Is anyone on Goodreads? What is your favorite thing about it?
May 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
What is Goodreads?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Veteran
Goodreads.com

It's a place where you can review books, find recommendations, rate books and have a bunch of "to-read" books. They give you recommendations on what you've read and rated. I love it.

For anyone that is on there, you can add me as a friend if you want!
Willow - The United States (32 books)
May 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
i just restarted goodreads but i like shelfari better. ill have to find my link to it and post it here. i really use shelfari just help keep track of some books coming up for my to read list. i need to keep up on it a bit better.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

May 8th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Veteran
Never heard of Shelfari.. will have to look into it. Do they let you do book clubs through there or is it specifically your eyes type only? Goodreads is a social networking site in a way.
May 9th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm on shelfari, too, but I haven't checked in there for a while. Since I have trouble keeping with these things, I didn't think I should start with goodreads, too.

Yes, there are book clubs on shelfari. Not sure they are really that active, but then again it could be the ones I joined.

Jenn
May 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Veteran
I still have to look into Shelfari.
May 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It took me a long time to actually start using Goodreads after I first signed up for it through FB But I like being able to track what I am reading and have it keep score for my yearly reading goals. Plus the to-read shelf makes it very easy for me to track the books I see that interest me--I would forget otherwise
May 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Hi all!

In my opinion goodreads is great if you're looking to join a book club and get really involved in the site, but for someone like me who is really just looking for my next great read I like simpler sites. I found this great site, although it is relatively new it lists all the best books of the year/month and also by age. It's really easy to find books for myself as well as my children all in the same place. Check it out. It's called <a href="http://www.thebestbooksof.com">TheBestBooksOf.com</a>. If you're looking for children's books, here's their list from 2011 <a href="http://www.thebestbooksof.com/bestbooks/childrens-books-lists/the-best-childrens-books-of-2011-ages-2-7/">The Best Children's Books of 2011 (Ages 2-7)</a>
May 13th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
It took me a long time to actually start using Goodreads after I first signed up for it through FB But I like being able to track what I am reading and have it keep score for my yearly reading goals. Plus the to-read shelf makes it very easy for me to track the books I see that interest me--I would forget otherwise
Same here! I wouldn't remember all of the books I wanted to read if it weren't for Goodreads
Hazel likes this.
June 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Goodreads! My favorite part is the book giveaways. I've already won two books though them! Now I've just got to finish my growing "to-read" list before I enter any more lol.

I also really love the quotes section. I think I'm the only one of my friends that uses it. I used to keep track of favorite quotes through Facebook (on your profile is a quotes section) but Goodreads is so much easier. I get excited seeing the new Quote of the Day each morning.

Tasha (frozenoj) - Panama City, FL (120 books)
August 20th, 2012, 02:12 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like shelfari best. I don't find the reviews on goodreads as reliable. There are a lot of ratings without reviews and sometimes it looks like trolling. Might be because it's not moderated or because readers can rate books based on how much they look forward to read a book. It makes goodreads a nice way to do personal book tracking but a horrible way to research if I might like a book. So it has pros and cons like anything else The interface is messy though which can be annoying sometimes.
October 2nd, 2012, 12:00 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Im there! I like keeping track of what ive read, trying to reach my goal!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 3rd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I discovered the giveaways a few months ago and have five of them sitting on the shelf for me to read. I love free stuff
October 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
I am on goodreads, I've tried a ton of giveaways but I never win any. I have like over 150 to read books.
February 13th, 2013, 08:51 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
Tammy (lookintomyeyes) - Dundalk, MD (106 books)

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

February 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I was invited to Goodreads but I haven't checked it out yet. I don't get as much time as I'd like to read so...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search