Books into movies

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a favorite movie adaptation of a book?

A book you hated but loved the movie?

A movie you hate based on a book you love?
February 18th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Lord of the Rings!

A book I hated but loved the movie...hm. I can't think of one.

A movie I hate based on a book I love...Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It misses out a LOT of the twists and turns that make that book so clever...to the point that it doesn't make total sense.

February 18th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Do you have a favorite movie adaptation of a book? TBH I normally hate movie adaptations of books...DH has stopped coming to the theatre with me when I've read the book...I sit there and list things they miss, or changes they made that don't seem to make sense (e.g. the colour of the cat in Hunger Games). That said, I really did enjoy Hunger Games. I hope they can keep it up for the next ones! Oh and Shutter Island And The Help...oh my I look like a hypocrite lol

A book you hated but loved the movie? I don't really have any books that I hate...if I did, I doubt I would see the movie...

A movie you hate based on a book you love? Hate is a bit strong, but not a fan of...Confessions of a Shopaholic, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, My Sisters Keeper, The Lovely Bones...

There's others that I just haven't seen the movie since I don't want it to ruin my perception of it since I loved the book

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 18th, 2013, 08:25 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Do you have a favorite movie adaptation of a book? I generally hate all movies that were books as I normally read the book first. DH hated me during Deathly Hallows parts 1 & 2.

A book you hated but loved the movie? None come to mind...

A movie you hate based on a book you love?... probabably all books I loved. The potter books obviously. Even twilight movies are way off. I LOATHE the first Twlight the others are better, but I cant stand the first one.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 21st, 2013, 06:23 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
Lord of the Rings!

A book I hated but loved the movie...hm. I can't think of one.

A movie I hate based on a book I love...Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It misses out a LOT of the twists and turns that make that book so clever...to the point that it doesn't make total sense.
We are twinsies! This is exactly what I was going to write.

Another movie adaption I loved was The Princess Bride and hated was The Mist.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also really loved the LotR adaptation. As much as I loved the books, there was way too much for it all to make the movies and I was pleased with the choices made overall

I love Catch-22 but am not a fan of the movie.
February 21st, 2013, 08:35 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
well this is a hard one for me because i like the movies and the books. i think i liked the harry potter the most because even though it was not EXACTLY like the books, it really made the magic come alive. the whole diagon ally and hogwarts with the stairs and moving portraits. i just loved seeing it all!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE, beastly. the movie, but did not really like the book so much, in fact i dont think i actually finished that book. hmmm. i should probabaly so that

i appreciate the books and the movies seperatly. for a while i will compare/contrast but i try not to voice them because i know they are so very different.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search