Book Signings / Meeting Authors

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Have you ever been to a book signing or met an author? Tell us about it?

Whose book signing would you most like to go to or which author would you most like to meet, and why?

June 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I've never been to one. And at the moment I can't think of an author I'd love to meet.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 4th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I haven't but my mom went to Diana Gabaldon's and got her to sign her newest book for me

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
Iv been to see laurell k hamilton. we lived in ohio at that time (we are live and are from indiana) and i had to drive about an hour and half to two hours to see her with the twins (who were babies). Ms Hamilton did and speech, a reading and a q&A then signed books and took pics. I have tow of her books signed but the pics we took were lost on a crashed computer (((((((((((( i cried. it was great pics of me and her and of her and the twins. Also her husband was with her (he is the one who took the pics with my camera) and he was super sweet just like she was. Im fb friends with her and follow her blog (like most of her fans).

i have met other authers (mostlyfrom indiana) but have never read their books. I would absolutly LOVE to meet a big bunch of authors and hope to very soon at the comicom. im either going to the 2014 or 2015. for sure just to meet authors. i would also LOVEEEEEE to be on the panel sitting beside the authors as well (its a huge dream that im working on)

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

June 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I never have unless you count talking to them online. If you count talking to them online then I *internet met* Jenny Smedley (angel and past life author).

Most of the authors I'd really love to meet are no longer with us, Shakespeare, Lawrence, Hardy, Whitman and Frost being top of the list.

That said, I think it would be interesting to hear any of the following spiritual authors speak (not bothered about meeting them in person tho):
Doreen Virtue
Diana Cooper
James Redfield
Jonathan Cainer
Isabel Losada

June 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I kept a friend company when she went to get a book signed by Alton Brown. I had not really heard of him at the time but he was so funny that I started watching him after the signing. Now I wish I had bought a book and gotten an autograph when I had the chance LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search