Best Books Ever

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Just a quick round up really, what are the 3 best books you ever read and why?

July 5th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Veteran
My three best books I've read so far would be:

[1] A Song of Fire and Ice Series George R.R. Martin
This is by far my favorite series so far because it's interesting and you are never able to tell what's going to happen next. It puts me on edge every time I read them! The TV show is just as good and even better than how I pictured the images in my head. I would recommend this to anyone.

[2] Matter of Honor Jeffery Archer
I was actually asked to read this in high school. When I started it, I ended up finishing it in three days, tops. I absolutely love this book. It kind of has a James Bond feel to it, lots of action and suspense. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading about action, conspiracy and adventure.

[3] My Name is Memory Ann Brashares
I love this book as well. I happen to come across it in a book store and decided to try it out. I was very happy with it as it's different from all other love stories. Sadly, it was suppose to be a trilogy but the other two books were not published thanks to lack of sales for the first book. However, anyone who is a true romantic at heart would love this book probably as much as I do.
July 5th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I just finished Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah last night and forgot how much I loved it. I was bawling. Loved it. So good. I stayed up till midnight to finish it.

I love the Outlander series...the first book in the series is my favourite.

Hmmm....gotta think on the 3rd...

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 5th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
only three???

HP #1
Hallows series #1
alice in wonderland

ummmm but this may change daily or upon my mood

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

July 15th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay. You may get an inkling of how much this book means to me by the fact that my second son's name is Bryce I first read this book in high school and it really resonated with me and I have read it every few years ever since. When I was teaching, I had my students read it as well and many of them had a similar reaction It was difficult to get college freshman interested in anything but this book was a hit with every class

2) Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I think the morality and ethical dilemmas explored in this novel as well as Raskolnikov's theories on the "worth" of one set of people over others along with his transformation are good conversations for anyone to have.

3) The Awakening by Kate Chopin. The struggles of Edna Pontellier to find her "self" and her place in a world she doesn't fit in are a good starting point for some serious discussions about where we, as women, came from, where we are, and where the world needs to go. I think in light of recent legislation here in the US, Edna's struggles are even more relevant than they were a few years ago.
July 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
You can add more if you want...I just thought 3 was a good round number.

My 3 best reads have been

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

Chocolat by Joanne Harris

Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

...simply because once started I could not put them down, even on 2nd/3rd read.

July 28th, 2013, 11:21 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Stephanie plum series, Janet Evanovicth. ALL the numbers plus the stand alones. LOVE HER. its hysterical.

HP series, Half Blood Prince was my favorite. I loved Snape from book one.

The Flower series by Nora Roberts. GREAT storyline.

Flowers in the attic by VC andrews. WILL never forget that book or the series.

From childhood.... Roar of Thunder hear me cry, really showed me how things were back in the slave days. Where the Red fern grows, first book I ever read that made me cry.

any and all mary higgins clark or Nichalas Sparks. Mary gives me the suspense, Nichalas makes me cry.

The Host Stephanie Meyer, intriguing!

Iris Johanson... LOVE ALL series books...

Im a big series person, cuz I fall in love with characters and sometimes I cant let go... lol

Im sure there is more but those are the ones that come to mind.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search