Do your children enjoy reading or being read to?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2006, 08:37 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Troy's almost 1, but he LOVES books--he will go to the shelf and get one and just look at it for awhile. He also loves to be read to--especially if it's a flap book or touch and feel! I hope he takes after me and loves to read!
For those who have children old enough, do they have favorite authors or series?

November 28th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Kath M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maddie is only 7 months but she already turns the pages of her board books when I am reading to her. She seems to really enjoy it. I hope she will catch the reading bug like me.

December 5th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
David is only 3 years old, but we do read a little story to him before bed and he loves it. Once I tried to get out of it because dh wasn't at home and my little one was crying, but wasn't succesful.

Sharon
December 5th, 2006, 11:00 AM
MommyToSnuggles's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MommyToSnuggles
She's only three months, but loves having us read to her. If she's screaming, we can calm her down with one of her little books. Her favorite is Duck Says Quack. I think it's because they pages are cloth with that crinkly stuff in it, lol. for Christmas I am getting the Anne of Green Gables series, and plan on reading them to her when she's little. Even if she can't understand me, it's good for her to hear me read, and hopefully it'll lead her in the direction of enjoying literature.

*On a tangent* I believe that the ignorance of todays children (not everyone's child, just the general decline of education in children in general in the USA) is because they don't read. I can use my own brother as an example, he is 15 years old and just finally realized that when he did something wrong it was "innapropriate" and not "inacrocriate". The reason? He had never seen the word in writing!!! He isn't a stupid kid...but that's where education seems to be going lately. Society isn't helping the school systems in their endeavors either. Cliffs notes, and the like, simply aid in allowing children to not read. It's a tragedy, and probably the biggest reason for the decline in the average students test scores on intelligence tests. *gets off soap box*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search