Hi Missy welcome & thanks for your intro

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2005, 12:11 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
I hope you find this board helpful and get the support you need...hope to see you posting in the Single Mommies board as well!

-Dori
November 10th, 2005, 04:02 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Dori Sweetheart

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Wow, what a way to feel special.

These boards are so filled with so much love and caring. I found this place on Saturday and at first kind of felt like an outsider. I am older than most <36>, a single mom of 3 already, and deal with anxiety, mild depression, and adhd. After reading <I have lurked all over these boards alot in the past week> I have encountered nothing but love in here. There is a feeling of general well being for everyone here.

<end of being all mushy>

I went to my doctors yesterday for the first time. I walked in told her I was having a baby and she almost fainted! Her reaction made me laugh. I told her that I was definately done having children, this was not planned, and I did not know what I was going to do. She laughed at me and said "I dont know what you are going to do either but I do know that you are one of the strongest women I have ever met and also one of the best moms ever on this planet and you will be just fine". To have her believe in me like that impressed me. It made me look inside myself and realize that this baby does not have to make me feel like doomsday. I take wellbutrin for depression and adhd. She said it was a catagory B medicine and that there is no reason for me to stop taking it. She said it may help with my hormones a bit and that will help me keep a focus on my current children, housework, job, and the new baby without getting deeply depressed. She said the unneeded stress I would end up with would be worse for the baby than me staying on the meds.

The babys daddy called me from Isreal last night <he went there to visit his grandparents for a month>. He told me he wants me to be happy, that the situation we are both in is not an easy one but we would try to figure something out when he gets back. I did not expect to hear from him until he got back to the states. Because of the cost of phone calls we agreed that we would not speak until he got back. It was a pleasant suprise to hear from him.

I can be a good support for any of you younger moms and moms to be out there. I have adhd and mild depression, had my first baby young <I was 21>, was in an abusive marriage, was a single mom with 3 babies <my youngest was 2 months when I left him> and have been a single mom for 10 years. I know the stresses that life can cause. My experiences have made me a strong, tough cookie.

Remember one thing, Just because you suffer from depression it does not make you a bad person. It does not make you any worse off than any other woman out there. We are all special

Big Hugs to everyone,
~ Missy

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 15th, 2005, 10:53 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Missy,
First of all, you are not that old LOL I am 31 myself and two you are totally correct about us "depressed" moms we are not not any different from the next-just a bit emotional and uncontrolled emotions BUT we do survive! I truly believe our disavantages make us "better moms" because we got to work twice as hard to be that "Mom" everyone wants us to be-including ourselves!

(((((HUGS)))) SEE YA around the boards!

-Dori
November 21st, 2005, 12:30 AM
Missy,
welcome! you sound like a very strong, amazing person! cngratulations on your pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search