I feel like my life is totally falling apart

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Guest_momof2busybees
I have been so sad and angry lately. My kids dad and I are in the middle of a seperation and it has turned into a huge battle.

I am trying so hard to get out and get on my own but I have to save money to move and in the mean time we live together (this is his house) we fight constantly and he says the worst and most hurtful things. I say awful things to him to but he knows exactly what to say to hurt me the most.

Today he left to go to his family reunioun and of course wouldn't take the kids he said that he wasen't going to have to chase my son all over (he has pdd) and he said he didn't want me to go because he didn't want me around his family because I was such a B****.

I am just emotionally drained. I have never really been depressed but now I really think I am either depressed or going crazy. I thought about going to see someone (a Dr.) to maybe get something to make me feel better. But my mom said if I do then my kids dad can just use it against me to get my children saying I am mentally unstable.

I feel totally alone because I am 14 hundred miles away from family and I am not at all close with my family anyway. I have no job, I have been looking but nothing yet. I have no money and I have to use his car.

uggg and I have gained around 15 lbs in the last two months. I feel and look awful. I really don't know what is happening to me.

Thanks for listening to me vent
Hugs,
Laura
August 14th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to momof2busybees Send a message via Yahoo to momof2busybees
I guess it says guest because I didn't log in before I posted...I didn't even know you could do that. Anyway I am a member here. I just wanted to let everyone know that
Hugs,
Laura
August 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
Poor Laura...let me offer you a million hugs (((((HUGS)))) I know it doesnt do much getting hugs from a computer but I am thinking about you. My one piece of advice it gets darker before it gets lighter. Stick it out hon it will get better. I honestly dont think your soon to be ex can use the shrink against you in court the whole confidenciality thing. I would suggest calling your local Leagle Aide office and maybe get some advice on your seperation and custody battle from them. Good luck and I truly hope it gets better for you.

August 15th, 2004, 06:04 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Laura, My heart goes out to you! Things will get better. It just takes time. I was in almost the same spot you are in for years. I was married for 23 years to an alcoholic. I prayed all of the time for peace in my life. And finally got it! I worked and saved money with out him knowing. Then when the time was right. I got out. I only wished I would have felt stronger way before I did. Then I would have left him long before I did. Once you decide you really want out...It happens.
My faith in "GOD" helped me so much!

I`m here for you if you need a friend.......When I hear of a woman going through what you are. It makes me think of my old life with a drunk. But, know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I`m living proof of it! HANG IN THERE! And do what you must for yourself & your children!!! GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAMILY!

Don`t ever give up!!! You can be Happy! "You will be HAPPY!!!!!"

MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS GO OUT FOR YOU & YOUR CHILDREN!

August 15th, 2004, 07:57 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Laura,
I am currently going through a separation/divorce right now myself. My husband however took off on me and his then 17 month old daughter. She is now 25 months old. And guess what? I am disabled and depressed and I have my daughter with ME! Yes, I have had the same concerns you have about my husband being able to take my daughter away from me because of my issues but guess what? He has issues too or this marriage would had lasted know why? It takes two to tango. Remember that okay. So if you are afraid my going to a doctor to get some HELP is going to hurt you and your kids and be in the favor of your husband that may not be necessarily true. What is doing to make the marriage work? What is he doing to help the kids have the proper life to live? By you going to see a doctor or even a social work to get counseled could indeed be a positive thing. It can show that you want to make a difference in your life for family's sake and that is what is important here. Being on "meds" or geting counseled doesn't show you as being a bad parent it just shows you need a little assistance or boost to get your self motivated is all. I am on Zoloft myself. I wish you the best and you have us for support if anything okay? HUGS.
-Dori

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search