Sertraline (zoloft) and pregnancy

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2009, 08:49 AM
anxiousmom2be, i would like that number. i go to a veterans hospital for my psych evals., so i don't think they get a lot of woman coming in asking a lot of pregnancy questions.

i started taking the zoloft on saturday the 5th, it's only 25mg which i was told is a low dose. it dawned on me saturday when i went into a complete rage and crashed into horrible depression mode over something trivial that this can't be good for a baby. so, with all the good things i'm hearing about the meds, i decided it's better for me to take. as i told my husband, i don't want a baby of ours floating around in hate juice inside me.
this week is time for aunt flow but hopefully she won't come. i'm a nevous wreck waiting to see.
September 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ve ben taking 50 mg of zoloft since Nevan was 2 weeks old, and it helps me for the depression and anxiety mostly, but i still worry obsessively about health things.

September 23rd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Regular
This was a great question to ask! I have had teh same concerns myself. I take Zoloft 25 mg and it's not enough to be honest. I'm pretty down today and very unmotivated. Anyway, thanks for the question and all the subsequent responses!!!
Helps put my mind at ease as well.
September 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Snow Mami
Well Im a little late on this conversation but Im on 50mg of Zoloft and will probably go up post partum. With my first pregnancy I was actually on paxil (before it changed classes) 10mg then 20mg post partum. I breastfed for 14months on paxil. No effects on my daughter at all.
October 14th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Veteran
I'm a little late on this covo too but I'm glad you asked this question...I've been on Zoloft for about 6 years (I've lost track) for OCD, which is an anxiety disorder. With my first pregnancy I was on it, 300 mg, when I got pregnant and went down to 200mg. With OCD you have to have a pretty high dosage to hit it hard. Anyway...our baby was just fine the entire time, until 37 weeks we couldn't find a heart beat and she was stillborn. She was completely healthy though, she was stillborn because of the cord being wrapped around her neck. The doctors said it wasn't anything I did and assured me that talking Zoloft was safe. I've tried to go off it before with really bad results so I don't dare not take it. With this pregnancy I'm still taking it but I worry if its bad. I don't know...I'm already a WRECK worrying about this pregnancy if I go off it I'll be even worse. And I'm not even far along at all, just 4 weeks.

Random question...I saw a couple acronyms in other messages, what does PPT and PPD stand for? thansk!
April 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Not taking listening to a pharmacist over a doctor EVER is probably not good advice-especially when it comes to medications!! Pharmacists have 4 years of education SPECIFICALLY on medications. They understand not only what they are used for but also how they work in the body, what their side effects are, and how they interact with other medications. Doctors recieve one semester of training on pharmacology. I am a pharmacist (in case you couldn't tell) and trust me-doctors are capable of making mistakes. I work in a hospital and have caught life-threatening prescription errors that were missed by other providers. I think that the best approach is to utilize all of the health care providers involved in your care to educate yourself.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search