dont know what to do with my feelings

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2009, 08:32 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I'm often a lurker in here... I often don't know what to respond and how to deal with feelings. I have been diagnosed with G.A.D. (generalized anxiety disorder), major depression, and ADHD.
I have been TTC my first since 2006 and it's gonna be 3 years of long and hard journey TTC next month and it's killing me. today i had a breakdown and my eyes out.. i just can't do it anymore. I will be in grad school in few weeks and it will take 2 years to get my master's. Dh is working on his BA degree and he's 2 semesters away. we cannot afford to get tests done before IVF... dh has male factor infertility and we were told IVF is our only chance. it has been killing me every day and it's making my depression and anxiety running wild to know that we wont be able to do anything til after school is over. I am 28 and dh is almost 34... I have been sleeping a lot and lessening my activities. I don't want to go anywhere anymore. Dh often offer me go to grocery store or walmart, i turn it down. I just don't think I am worth anymore. I dont want to have a mental breakdown and be sent to hospital. it's killing me every day. i can't do it anymore. i'm afraid of saying the wrong things to piss someone off.

i need to see a doctor but i don't know where to start. this week I'm gonna be living in a new town.
July 28th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Super Mommy
shew do i relate. its been 3 years since i have wanted a baby (hubby wasnt ready) and we still having residual issues with TTCing.....

you were diagnosed with the disorders but have you been in therapy? started meds? these things really help.

As for treatments, do you have insurance to help pay for it? have you considered postponing your studies and using that money to pay for IVF? maybe sitting down with hubby on the finances for the next few years and prioritizing things can make you feel clearer in the path ahead?

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
July 30th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
First of all Welcome to the board ... glad to have you here with us

Seems to me with respect of going to the doctor that you already know you have to make that first step and actually that is the HARDEST part ... what you can do is talk to your regular GP and see if he/she can write you a referral to see a psychiatrist cause that would be the right type of doctor to go and see to get the right treatment .. GPs mean well however they don't know that much about these disorders.

Try and relax ... I know it's hard .. I have GAD as well and it really can seem very very hard to even get out of bed much less to do anything else.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
August 5th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Thank you! I plan on seeing a regular dr and get a referral to the right person.
I'm just SOOOOOOOOOOOO nervous about my grad school... I'm taking 2 classes that I can handle..but Intro to Research method... I DONT THINK SO!!! I freak out when I have to type papers cuz I don't know what to do and I don't understand the point of typing research paper.

i want to postpone my studies but I am receiving financial support that I cannot refuse or turn down... so I've been torn apart..... I am not giving up.. I will do all the tests and save money to pay for it to prepare ourselves for IVF in 2011.
August 10th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Super Mommy
i know how you feel. I am on a scholariship for my masters and though i have completed all the coursework, i cant get to even start my thesis. I haave to start real soon or i will flunk out....arrrggggg

we can do this!!!!!

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
September 17th, 2009, 09:12 PM
update!!!!

I'm in process of seeing a therapist!!!!!!!!!!! She signs american sign language so I'm happy to find the right person!!!! And I'm in process of setting an appt with psychiatrist for medication evaluation! I'm glad this is working out for me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search