Dreams!

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Never posted in this room before..but I'm having some serious issues!

I keep having this reoccuring dream the last two nights.

It all begins with Hal and I having a huge fight and he tries to take Owen away from me. The first time, I was chasing him down the road, running after this white truck and he got away. Then the next few dreams were the same but he would just take Owen and disappear.

Then last night, my dream was that he went to my inlaws and they had Owen (and if you know anything about my inlaws, you know I can't stand them and don't even want them to watch my dog)

I always wake up from the dreams scared to death! And almost in tears. I don't know why I keep dreaming this. Hal always tells me that if we ever got a divorce he would fight for custody and that always scares me when he treatens that. But I don't really think we would get a divorce. Some days I wonder though.

I don't know what's up with me? In my dreams, I keep running things over and over on how I would fight him back if he ever tried to take Owen. Different things that I would do to keep it from happening.

Have you ever had one of these dreams? I don't even want to know what it might mean but it just has been freaking me out. I actually get really mad at Hal when he's home because all i keep thinking about are the dreams. HELP!!
August 18th, 2004, 08:31 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I read in a book about "DREAMS" that when you have dreams they can have alot to do with daily problems or worries.

I hope & Pray that everything always goes well for you!!!

August 18th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Carol
I agree with Tammy on this one. Sometimes our dreams are things that are preying on our subconscious mind. In your case, Hal taking your child from you, and your outlaws having him. These are the worst case scenario for you, and dreams are an outlet of sorts, to help deal with them. From things you've said before, about the fighting and such, it is probably your subconscious fearing that these things will happen, even if they won't. I hope that made sense, I'm trying to get my thoughts out before I lose them, and my wording may be a bit off.
August 18th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to momof2busybees Send a message via Yahoo to momof2busybees
I agree with the other ladies on this one. I think it is something that you are most afraid of (hubby and in-laws taking your son) so it is of course what you dream.
A couple of years ago I had a little girl and she passed away a hour after she was born from prematurity and for months after I would have these dreams that my other two children would die or were dead. I would wake up every night terrified that my children were dead.
They finally stopped and my children are alive and very well today. I know dreams can be so scary but try not to let them bother you to much.
I have always thought that dreams were just your mind f***ing with you anyway.
hugs,
Laura
August 19th, 2004, 08:38 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Yes, your dreams can be and are related to your daily living issues so if you are having some difficulities at home it is completely natural to have those type of dreams. And I am sorry you have to go through that scare. I pray that your dreams never do come true and believe me if it DID came down to that I am sure there are many people on your side that would make sure you won't loose Owen.

Just fyi: I am getting a divorce and even though I had not had a dream yet that is also my big scare-my husband coming or finding away to get my daughter away from me (he also threatened me in the past). But I keep telling myself - let him try, I got so many people backing me up and he has so many things against him- he is the one who left her not me for one.

So the next time you have a dream like that wake up and go look at that precious Owen and tell yourself things will be okay and not to worry and if he does ever threaten you again about that in rl just remember most likely it is just to scare you okay (and not being very nice either). HUGS

-Dori

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search