New kid on the block

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2009, 04:59 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I haven't been sleeping for about 3 weeks now plus having panic and anxiety attacks. I have a history of all three as well as depression. I finally broke down and went to the doctor this morning. She gave me some Ambien to help me get some sleep and I go back next Tuesday to talk to her about other meds. I also made an appointment with the mental health doctor there at the clinic (military clinic, DH is in the Army). She mentioned Bi-Polar and I have no idea about any of the medicines used for that. She said it would be a constant battle to keep the meds right and that I may have to come back in even with no appointment just to get my moods stabilized. I had a psychologist back in college who thought I was bipolar but I ignored him and eventually stopped going because the diagnosis scared me even though he said it was bipolar two not the full on disease. Are any of you ladies out there bipolar? What medicines have you tried? Did your doctor tell you they were safe in pregnancy? How bad were the side effects? We've been TTC for a while now and are on our 9th cycle. I have a mass around my left tube and ovary and see the doctor Monday about a 3rd surgery which isn't helping the anxiety any. On top of that I have endometriosis which leaves me in almost constant pain.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
August 12th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Welcome to the board .. I'm Lisa ...

it's not so much a constant battle to 'keep the meds right' ... that is just SO wrong she told you and that gets to me

The hardest part Paige is finding the 'right cocktail of meds' that work for you ... it took me about two to three years of complete trial and error to get my right cocktail.

Also ... there are some times during the cycling of the moods that you MIGHT have to go to the doctor for them to tweak the meds to help you cope ... the best thing though with cycling is trying to figure out if there's any sort of pattern, what your triggers are and the methods that work best for you to deal with it really on your own.

I would suggest for you to keep a mood chart and record EVERYTHING no matter how small something may seem ... you'd be surprised you might be able to see some sort of pattern to figure out your triggers.

Also, check into COGNITIVE THERAPY ... it's great! If you want links to any of this stuff, please let me know and I will do the searches and put them here k?

I'm glad you're here with us!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Last edited by Lisadear; August 12th, 2009 at 08:54 AM.
August 12th, 2009, 11:46 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The therapist I'm seeing is actually a doctor I believe and her main focus is mood disorders with bipolar being her biggest so that should help. I saw a therapist there back at the beginning of the year but he was actually only a social worker and didn't really help me any. I've just always heard horrible things about the meds for it and am scared about how it's going to affect me.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: