Started Celexa and pregnant (kinda long)

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
tatanickel81's Avatar Veteran
Okay. I know I haven't posted in forever, but good to see so many new people. Just some background info. I have depression and anxiety and was taking Cymbalta and Xanax when I got pregnant. I stopped everything, sure I could make it through nine months without the meds. Well. this weekend was really bad. I spent two days in bed crying and convinced myself that my husband didn't care about me and that no one loved me. It got really bad. I ended up fighting with my husband and hitting him and bit him. I've never been violent before, but I was Sunday. Luckily he's a lot stronger than me cuz I didn't actually hurt him, but it got really bad. So I ended up asking my OBGYN about medication. I've been nasty to everyone and I really hate that. And the worse is when I yell at my seven year old for no good reason. So I realized that I can't make it the last three months (I'm due end of November)... 13 weeks to go and I caved. So I asked my OB about Prozac and she said that is the least safe??? Everything I read says otherwise. So she offered me Zoloft or Celexa. I didn't do well on Zoloft before, so I went with Celexa... So I started today at 20 mg. Luckily I got in to see my Psychiatrist next week (can't believe it, but I think they squeezed me in cuz I'm prego. in any case, thank God!) so I figured I'll take it until then and see what he says. While I'm nervous about the side effects, I just can't do it anymore. I'm aggitated and agressive, sad, and lonely. I'm starting to get paranoid as well, which I never had before. When hubby stops at the store to buy something I think maybe he's seeing someone else, when people whisper, I think it's about me. It's gotten pretty bad very quick. I didn't even notice I was sliding until I was there. Story of my life I guess... sigh... I just started seeing a new therapist as well, so I'm hoping that will help. I just feel really overwhelmed right now and like I can't handle all the responsibilities of working, being a mom already and being a wife. My house is a mess and I can't seem to find the energy to do anything. I just want to be a good mom to my daughter and to be a good mom to the baby. sigh.... I hope I'm doing the right thing with the Celexa... In any case, I just needed to talk it out. Thanks for listening. And if anyone has any experience with pregnancy and Celexa, please let me know.... Thanks again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search