any one on Celexa?

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2009, 06:19 PM
tatanickel81's Avatar Veteran
Okay, I started Celexa last week and I've noticed that I have been extremely tired and very nauseated. I'm also pregnant and just hit my third trimester, but it seems odd that these things happened when I started on the medication. I got see my doc tomorrow, but just wondering if it was me... also my urine is kind of flourescent. sorry TMI, but wondering if anyone else had these side effects... I'm thinking of switching cause the nausea is worse than morning sickness.
September 3rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
happymom2Logan's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2
Is Celexa safe to be on, can't remember...though it must be obviously otherwise it wouldn't have been suggested. I was on it though years and years & yrs ago. I personally did not have a good experience on it, I think i had a bad reaction.

You've only been on it for such a short time, though the nausea is bad all meds will have side effects right now, it's impossible not to get any when taking anything.

I'm on Effexor XR and have been for over 4yrs, and I've felt fine... I think medication does effect everyone differently, I know people who've said it worked for them, the Celexa, me it just didn't work.

Logan Xavier was born 02/27/10
Weighing 6lbs 9 1/2 oz

September 7th, 2009, 07:23 PM
tatanickel81's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for the reply... I actually went ahead and switched my meds. i saw my psychiatrist last week and he recommended either Zoloft or Paxil... But everything i read said that Paxil is NOT recommended for pregnancy. I didn't want to call him out on it (it was my first time seeing this one but I couldn't see my regular one for a few months)..... Anyway, I decided to switch to Zoloft and I'm doing okay. He wants me to take 25mg for 1 week then 50 mg for one week and then 100 mg and then go back and see him in 4 weeks... I see my OB on Wed so I'm going to ask him what he thinks. I was hoping to just stay on a low dose, and it's definitely helping with my aggression and mood swings, so why not... And I'm super glad I'm off the Celexa... It just really did not agree with me at all. As for the safety, my OB said she would either recommend Celexa or Zoloft... And it's no worse than most other AD, so I guess it's okay. But I've read that Zoloft is the best one (according to recent studies but we all know that can change)....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search