newbie and having a really hard time

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2009, 09:27 PM
CherryFrog1926's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to CherryFrog1926 Send a message via Yahoo to CherryFrog1926
hello everyone. I'm Stasha i'm 26. i have 3 little boys, and an amazing boyfriend who has been very supportive from my diagnosis so soon in our relationship to my med changes. I have had depression since i was in highschool and have tried so many meds with no luck. Finally about 4 months ago i was sent to someone to see if maybe it wasnt just depression. I was diagnosed wtih bi-polar. I was put on some medication for it but lost my job within the first month of being on it so i couldnt go back to the dr and get a refil..i didnt even have time to see if it was going to work. I have been on Effexor XR for a while for the depression but just ran out of my 90 day supply on Thursday and couldnt refil it. so now i'm having all the side effects from it. and my moods are driving me insane. i'm going from happy to severly mad then start almost crying. i knwo this is part of it but i cant deal with it being a single mother of 3 little boys. I start school tomorrow night, and i'm going insane not working. I'm in therapy and thank god she is amazing and watching me and i can call her anytime. (She has worked with me on a personal level and as family therapy since my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2006) She has helped me through him fighting for his life for a year and half to watching him fight for his last breath in a very tramatic death (the cancer didnt take him it was very sudden and very hard on me seeing him like that) to grieving (which i honestly stillhvent been able to do) and lots of other stuff. (long story but dont want out in the public) i'm hoping to find some support and some understanding from people who might be going through some of the some stuff. anyways sorry for the rambling and this being so long. thank you is you made it this far
October 12th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Snow Mami
Hey welcome...this board is not very active but I pop in from time to time. Have you talked to your Dr about maybe giving you an Rx for a antidepressant that is on a pharmacy "cheap" list. I know Wal-Mart, CVS and Walgreens all have a list of prescriptions that are only $4/month. I was taking Paxil before I got pregnant and went with the generic $4 kind, I noticed no difference with the switch (I was taking name brand before)
October 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree ask your doc for a generic. Effexor withdrawal is hard. Have you checked into regular Effexor vs. Effexor XR? It's a lot cheaper. You have to take it more often I'm thinking twice a day but it's supposed to work the same.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search