Trying to be happy....

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I have had depression since 2001.. I have been off Prozac for around 9 months now, and have been fine. I am pregnant & a single Mum, and i expected those things would make life tougher, especially not medicated, but so far, I have been good.

But recently.. it seems like I am p*ssing everyone off, and it feels like I'm losing more and more people from my life... Seems like someone is always angry with me, or disappointed with me.. hell, my own GRANDMA deleted me from facebook, supposedly because I had a very public fight with my ex & some of the stuff I wrote was 'too hard' for her to read. Rather than talk to me about it, or hell - offer her support, she deletes me. When my Mum asked her about it, she said she'd accidentally deleted me, but then today told me (when she re-added me to FB) that she had blocked me.

Awesome. My own Grandma doesn't even give a rats.

I don't know if I'm starting to get depressed again, or if this is just pregnancy hormones playing up, but I need to get it out... I feel sad for Gaby, because whenever I cry, she asks "are you sad Mummy? It's okay" & gives me a big hug - and that makes me cry even more.. she shouldn't HAVE TO BE DOING THAT...

Guess I'm just lonely... but it feels horrible.. and I'm trying so hard to stay happy, for Gaby. I HAVE been genuinely happy up until now.. but right now, I don't know what the hell I feel.....

March 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're going through this. I was depressed during my pregnancy... not fun =( Do you have anyone you can talk to? I hope things start looking up

March 2nd, 2010, 05:03 AM
Super Mommy
yeh you gotta find other ppl to support you , not your kid. its not fair on her. try not be too hard on yourself and tell her that pregnancy is making mommy sad and tired but reassure her that you will be ok. if you need help, ask your mom and friends for it. forget about issues in the past, keep your head up and look forward.........

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
March 2nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i don't think she WANTS her kid to support her, she knows it isn't fair for her daughter.

March 2nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
JustBreathe
It's OK to be confused about how you feel. We are here to talk and support you-- even if you don't have anyone IRL. Are you comfortable with counseling?

Your Grandma sounds like it's HER issue, not yours.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search