Worried about depression coming back, after birth...

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I have been pretty good with my depression, for the past year or so... I have been off my meds for around a year now, and am coping okay off them, but I'm worried about what's going to happen after Emersyn is born - if the added pressure of having another child, and doing it alone, is going to be enough to send me back down that horrible spiral...

I didn't have PPD with Gaby, and my depression didn't really kick in until she was 18 months old - about 4 months after me & Gaby moved out on our own. I don't want to be on meds, but at the same time, I know I can't function as a mother, if I am in the midst of untreated depression..

I guess I just have to wait and see...

May 16th, 2010, 06:11 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I'm sorry your feeling like this. Will your family help you out if you need it? I know that it is hard taking care of more then one child. When I had Angelica I still had Bailey and Kayson to take care of.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

May 16th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I know my parents would help out if I asked them, but i know that they won't be able to help enough to make much of a difference, if I DO find myself heading back 'that way'... Not that their help wouldn't be sooooooooooooooo appreciated, but I can't expect them to change all their plans etc to help me out...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search