Hello & Intro

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Heya!

I'm Katey, 31, about 6 weeks pregnant. I was an active member of this board over 2 years ago when I was pregnant before, but our baby miscarried at 10 weeks.

I am diagnosed with depression and take Effexor XR 150. As soon as I got my BFP last week, I stopped the meds.

It's... odd. I am doing okay. Effexor had been a wonder drug for me. Since age 26 I had battled with depression and anxiety and had been tried on a slew of different meds.

I am having a rough time coping with social situations. I feel like my dearest friends are upset with me. I fully know that these are irrational thoughts and that I must stay positive for the sake of the baby!

I see my therapist (thank God) next week. Any tips on how to stay sane?!??
June 18th, 2010, 03:39 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
First all Congrats on your pregnancy. If you are having anxiety about the possibility of this pg ending the same as your last then I have to reccomend the Pregnancy loss board the ladies are great there and can really help you. Other than that I hope that your therapist will be a big help to you and that you can find a medication that works for you in pregnancy if thats what they think is best for you. If you ever need to vent and just talk don't hesitate to do so on this board or even PM me. I hope that you have a very happy and healthy pregnancy!

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

June 25th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the board!

I'm Emma (26), mummy to Gaby (3 1/2) & Emersyn (9 days)

June 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
welcome!!

June 26th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy! Coming off Effexor can be very hard. Just keep your appointments with your therapist and make sure to let your doctor know if things get to be too much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search