Feel Blue? Sign-in Here

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Regular
Hi My name is Jeanne, I am new to JM and found this board. The reason I am here is, I am very stressed out! I am like many of you feel like I am going to lose it.
Alot of my stress started when I lost my Dad suddenly 1 yr. ago. I was very close to him and have never really morned his death. 2 months after his passing we found out my FIL has lung cancer. My husband is taking care of his Dad. So, he is not here with us much at all. In a way I am kind of mad because I can't raise our kids alone, on the other hand I know his Dad needs him now. So, I am having a tough time holding everything together. I have 2 kids, girl 6yo and boy 2yo. My sone is VERY active and gets into everything! Which is very trying on me. I am currently taking Zoloft just to make it through the day without scraming at everyone all day. I am just taking it day by day.
July 21st, 2005, 01:27 PM
ericalaurel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ericalaurel
Hi, my name is Erica, and I'm 28 and prego. I've been battling some horrible mood swings/depression with this pregnancy (it's my first). I've battled with clinical depression my whole life, and knew this might be an issue. I am just looking for anyone who's gone through this kind of severe, debilitating depression during pregnancy and how they dealt with it (besides meds). I'm having trouble being excited about the pregnancy because of this and other external stress (financially related). I desperately want to feel better!!!

Respectfully,
Erica

July 28th, 2005, 02:05 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Quote:
Originally posted by CanuckGal@Jun 28 2005, 08:51 AM
PS Dori, you really are an inspiration. As I was sitting in bed last night feeling sorry for myself (yet again ) I thought about how easy I really do have it sometimes and that I should be appreciating the positive things. You are so positive to everyone on here and that is just amazing. Thank you again.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I have to admit it is pretty easy, having great ladies here to help support, makes me feel good about myself and also gets my mind off my troubles and realize there are others in the same boat if not worse and all "we" want is someone to listen and try to understand. I try. I don't know what I do without this board either!

-Dori
September 30th, 2005, 01:56 PM
maximabella's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to maximabella Send a message via MSN to maximabella Send a message via Yahoo to maximabella
My name is Tara, Im from WA state & 25 years old...

Ive been married just over a year....
Already been seeing counsler for marriage

Diagnosed Anxiety/Panic disorder @ 17.....
not limited to but including, depression, being a hermit crab, sleeping alot, intrusive thoughts, OCD-ish, hypochondria

Pregnant, wasnt TTC, but thrilled

Take Prozac, took, Effexor & Celexa
October 5th, 2005, 09:40 AM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
I am Carmen, 19, Marine Wife, TTC#1 and Bipolar, still taking and will continue with meds on low dosage. I am doing great right now... Just nervous about what is to come with dissapointments from BFN's and whatever else comes along... Also scared of my reaction to the horomones. Just looking for support and guidance. One day at a time.
October 13th, 2005, 01:09 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
My name is Jessica I am 25 years old and I guess I am getting close to being depressed again.

I had depression a lot as a child but didn't know it at the time. I have never been treated for it before.

Lately things are taking a toll on me and I am starting to feel those feelings again.

I am overly stressed because, I need a job and can't find one, we are getting behind on our bills, husband and I are having issues, we have no insurance for my special needs son and he needs surgery, and I need to lose weight!

The reason I think I am started to get depressed is because I am having feelings of not wanting to do anything but sleep.

I take care of my son all week and that is really all I care to do. I look for a job online but sometimes hope I never actually get one because I don't want to go.

Not sure what else to say but that is me for now.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

October 13th, 2005, 03:04 PM
irishxrose
My name is Andrika, and I'm 18 years old. I'm pregnant. I was diagnosed with bi-polar four years ago, and I am on Seroquel. I was on Trileptal, but when I found out I was pregnant, I took myself off of it because of the possibility it would give my child birth defects. Anyway, the seroquel helps, but the hormones of pregnancy have seriously got me bummed out. I snap at everyone, and am generally grumpy most of the time. I don't really know what to do, so that's why I'm here.
October 25th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I'm Adrienne.
I feel kind of bad being on this board as I am not actually yet a mommy. I love children though soo much and hope more than anything to one day be a mother, I stumbled upon this board afew days ago when I was looking at the Babyname section. I have depression (and am always convinced that whatever can go wrong will) and have often worried about what effect this would have on me having children so it was nice to find this board and see how so many other people are dealing with it. I hope to be able to offer support and help people in anyway I can, I've been slowly feeling better and have definitly come a long way from when I was first diagnosed. I would like to send a HUGE hug to everyone on this board and tell you all not to give up, you are all wonderful people.
Much love,
-Adrienne
P.S. to Us2Girls the child in your signature picture is just so beautiful! you are very blessed
October 25th, 2005, 11:21 PM
RyMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RyMommy Send a message via MSN to RyMommy Send a message via Yahoo to RyMommy
My name is Ry (short for Ryan).

I feel blue a LOT.

I have been in at least three very twisted relationships, one of which was very highly abusive and I almost ended up dying. I have been diagnosed with depression and bipolar, and I am self-diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (there is no way I don't have it.. every symptom is completely me!) I've also been a self-injurer for about four years, I am trying very hard to quit. (I've gone about a month so far..) I also had a miscarriage near the end of August. I've become very emotional ever since, and I instigate fights with my BF all the time, which usually end up with several days of me just lying in bed feeling sorry for myself. I have seen two therapist, one psychiatrist, four different school counselors, and I was kicked out of public high school because of my problems with self-injury. I am considering trying to find another therapist because things just keep getting worse, but I don't think I can afford one..

My BF is trying to be very supportive, but he is selfish sometimes and doesn't think about what I'm dealing with. I just need some other sources for support...
<3I'm in love with a fireman!<span style="color:#FF99FF"><3

</div>
November 6th, 2005, 12:06 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi. My name is Missy. I am 36 and a single mom to 3 boys ages 15, 14 and 10.

I am pregnant and the father said he will give me money, but dont expect anything else. This came as a total shock to me and I did not expect him to react this way.

I cant stop crying. I just want to feel better. -- Taking one minute at a time at this point.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 8th, 2005, 02:44 PM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
My name is Kayla, I'm 20 (almost 21), and been married for almost two months. I love my dh more than life itself, but I honestly don't know if I was ready to be married. I feel that I was pressured into the marriage by my mother and mil. We're expecting our first, a little boy, and that's the reason behind the pressure for the wedding. I'm 8 months along, and especially these last few months, been suffering from severe depression. It wasn't until recently that my OB started taking notice. He had me see a therapist yesterday, and he feels that I'm suffering from depression, but wants to get a second opinion before prescribing me anti-depression meds, just in case I also have bi-polar disorder, which runs in my family. My doctor is also concerned that it could turn into PPD...
November 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM
i'm susan. army wife to adam and mother to a wonderful 2 yr old. i'm fairly new here and am looking for some support. i work a full time job as a production scheduler in an injection molding manufacturing facility. it's high stress, high anxiety and low appreciation and compensation. just need someplace to blow off some steam and get some support every so often.
November 22nd, 2005, 10:44 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Name is Natashia Im 22 and from Southwest VA
I am pregnant for the first time and it was unplanned..
I dont even really know where to begin so I am going to make a post to explain myself and my situation and how i feel because it will be very long..

December 27th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Eliana&#39;s Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Eliana&#39;s Mommy
Jeannette, 30
Eliana 13 1/2 Months

I've been through alot. Bad marriage, verbal and physical abuse, long drawn out divorce, rebound relationship, got pregnant, single mother, grandfather died in July, been denying my depression for years and of course has gotten worse then anxiety issues and ppd. My 2nd First pysch appt is Jan 25th finally. hopefully she will be able to help and some meds that will get me back to normal plus ongoing therapy.

January 6th, 2006, 04:51 PM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
My name is Rachel. I am 23, am married to a great DH (28), have a 3yo DD, and am currently 6w4d PG again with #2.

I am here because I suffer from anxiety. I have taken meds in the past to no avail. I am worried all the time. I am also a bit OCD, and have hypochondria (constant fear of having some deadly disease and dying).

Look forward to getting to know you all

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

January 8th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Hi, my name is Amy. I am 30 and have suffered from depression most of my life. I am currently on Zoloft, but I don't think it is working well for me. I have been really donw lately.
February 18th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Amandy Send a message via MSN to Amandy Send a message via Yahoo to Amandy
My name is Amanda. I ma 21 and I live in Indiana with my husband Chris (19) and I have a 1 month old daughter named Arianna.

I am here because I have suffered from depression since I was a child and I have violence issues.

I was on medicines untill I went to college then I took myself off and did fairly well untill after I had Arianna. Now I am starting to feel the way i felt so long ago. My doctor put me back on my meds but they seem to not be helping so far.
February 23rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to anais21
Hi everyone,
I am SO glad I found this board, there is so little out there on dealing with depression while you are pregnant. I am 26, and expecting my first baby 3/24. I have had serious bouts of depression since I was 12, and also deal with anxiety. I have tried many different meds, and found that prozac worked the best for me. But I have not taken any meds since I found out I was PG. I have had some REALLY bad episodes since then, and I notice that I feel alot more angry and violent during them then before PG. It is hard for me to take a shower and get out of bed. A couple weeks ago I got into a fight with DH and thew a plate against a wall. I have never done anything like that. I told my Doctor how I felt and she prescibed a low 10mg dose of Zoloft for me. BUT, DH is very opposed to me taking meds while PG, he found all these studies online about how it can hurt the baby. So, I decided to "tough it out"- which I know is stupid (I have a degree in Psychology and have worked in mental heath field!). I already feel like I am going to be a bad mom. Sometimes I feel so indifferent to the baby, and she doesn't seem real to me. I am worried things are going to get worse, DH is in military and going to Iraq 1 month after she is born, and I am already worried about that. I feel like I should be taking the meds. but I am too worried about the effects they may have on my baby. I really want to breastfeed, and am worried about taking the meds after she is born, too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search