Feel Blue? Sign-in Here

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I'm Shasta. I'm joining because I think I have mild depression. One minute I'm happy, the next minute I'm crying about tiny things. I've recently gone through a miscarriage and with the on coming of my first period...I'm a wreck. My BF isn't helping that much either. He knows that I'm not doing too good with the miscarriage thing, but I don't think he knows how depressed I really am.

I was looking through my book of poems, and they are all dark and depressing. Really gets me down. I can't write about happy stuff, ever. Sometimes I just want to crawl into a hole and never come out, or just keep sleeping all day. You know? Anyways, hopefully I can find some support here.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
March 31st, 2006, 12:34 AM
brodysmum's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to brodysmum
Hullo everybody, im Aidan. Im joining this board because i have two [if not more] psychological or personality disorders. I have been diagnosed as manic depressive disorder, depressive disorder, and borderline personality disorder. To say the least its hard to cope with whatever feelings im having. but most importantly i want to be here to help. ive been in the 'nut hut' 3 times, all because ive tried to kill myself or lost control and tried to seriously mame someone else. its a hard struggle to go thru, treading the fine line between societies 'sane' and 'insane' and im here to help mostly.
April 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Regular
Hello, I guess I just wanted to know that I'm not alone. I feel so depressed, i don't even want to get out of bed.
April 18th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Super Mommy
Hi my name is Michelle I'm 21 yrs. old and I feel as though I am depressed. I cry at weird times, and I have a sadness inside myself that I can't seem to shake off.

Celebrating our Third Anniversary![br]
April 24th, 2006, 02:03 PM
jennyn's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jennyn
i'm jenny, 22. mama to zoe, 3 1/2, and selene, 7 weeks. fiancee to dale.
i have bipolar disorder and borderline scizophrenia, with some ocd tendancies. i struggle with self harm.
i'm currently off meds and feeling great! a little too good, to be honest. . . i'll be restarting meds soon, much as i don't want to. . .
July 18th, 2006, 07:31 AM
mom2be12007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies!! My name is Melissa(20, almost 21) my man is Jeremy(22) we have 3 little angels in heaven right now praying that it wont be 4 up there. I am joining this board because I have Bipolar disorder with severe episodes of Depression and Mania. I can bounce from mood to mood within the period of 5 inutes, Happy and exstatic about life to deep dark crying not feeling like I deserve anything I have.And its not just since I was pregnant. I was diagnosed as depresse4d on and off fromt he age 13 to 18 and then for 2 years began substance abusing, it took care of my mood swings, controlled them to the state that I constanly felt out of it but I didnt really realize what was going on, I was still suffering from my disorder, just trying to hide from it. Now I have embraced that it is a chemical embalance. I was admitted to a Phsyciatric hospitalin March and then again in May of this year(after finding out I was pregnant- needed to safely come off of meds ) In March I finnally got to sit down and be 100 maybe even more, honest with the doctors and they diagnosed me with Bipolar Disorder and OCD, with some occurances of Borderline Personality Disorder and Psycosymatic (physical) distubances, AND bad Panic Disorder(anxiety). It was the greatest thing to ever happpen to me because I was put on meds that changed my life, they allowed my brain to release the right chemicals needed for my moods to be stable, I mean it wasnt a miracle but going through 3 mood swings a day is a lot healthy and safer that the 20 swings an hour I had before the meds.Unti pregnancy I was on Seroquel, Lithium, Xanax, Klonopin, Zyprexa, and Zoloft. It was a heavy mixture but it was perfect.

I hope I am welcom e here as I now I am in a position that I would appreciate the support(being off the meds now and pregnant, the swings anre coming back)and am evenly willing to offer any support to others.....

July 31st, 2006, 03:54 PM
MomTo1PrinceNeedsAPrincess's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MomTo1PrinceNeedsAPrincess Send a message via MSN to MomTo1PrinceNeedsAPrincess Send a message via Yahoo to MomTo1PrinceNeedsAPrincess
Drea
Fiance, 1 DS, and 2 Dogs
Philadelphia PA
Why I'm here....having a tough time dealing with the death of my daughter, Tatianna Alexis and the daughter I feel I will never be blessed with .
Angel #1 - Ayanna Sarai Lost on 1/9/02 at 6 weeks
Angel #2 - Tatianna Alexis Lost on 12/28/05 at 18w3d due to preterm premature rupture of the membranes.
Mommy's Special Big Boy - Jayden Anthony-Maliq Born at 32 weeks on 12/26/02.
TTC Another Princess VERY SOON. Taking any and all donations of sticky pink baby dust

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/DreaWantsABabyGirl

August 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am ashley and i am 26. i am just pretty depressed right now trying to deal with the death of my mother in may and my father's use of alcohol to cope. i have good days and bad...today is just a bad day.
August 2nd, 2006, 10:15 AM
Shannie
Hi! My name is Shannon, I am 29 and live in Toronto, Canada. DH and I just started TTC. I have struggled with mental health issues for half my life. Namely anorexia & bulimia (ballet dancer), major depression, anxiety, suicide attempts (years ago), and self-harm. I can't shake the need to live up to my perfectionist standards, and I never live up, which in turn makes me depressed and anxious.

I am leaps and bounds better than I ever have been, but I am still struggling. I feel fat, inadequate, scared and struggle with anxiety. I am trying to get better without the use of medications and without a therapist.

I have always been pretty open about my feelings but now everyone thinks I am doing so great and I feel like I need some support from people who understand.
August 9th, 2006, 04:07 PM
jekr43's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I feel like I am going into a depression. I've seen my Dr. and we've adjusted my meds. I'm home with a newborn. i love her dearly, but between the sleep deprivaiton and my illness I am feeling down. Dh has been helpful. I am joininga new mom's group in two weeks. I hope that helps too. I am still able to function, I'm not neglecting her, but am worried I might if I get to overwhelmed. Need to eat....

August 10th, 2006, 05:44 PM
asianmama
hi
im lilly- 19.going on 20 end of this month. i have a beautiful 16 month old daughter and a baby on the way. i am here because my husband of 2 years told me he stoped loving me......... we are living together but seperated. which is 100x harder then the movie the break up.
i am depressed, i ahve axitey issues, i have suicidal tendancies and thoughts.

going to start treatment next week.
August 16th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to KalesMommy22 Send a message via Yahoo to KalesMommy22
Hello everyone, I'm new at all this so bear with me. I'm a single mother of a 2 1/2 month old boy. I have been suffering with Anxiety disorder and ptsd since I was 16, it was almost totally gone before I got pregnant, but while I was pregnant it came back with a vengeance. I hoped that as soon as my son was born I would get better but I didn't, but I was dealing with it. I loved my son to death, I did everything for him, i never got stressed or frustrated i was just anxious. Then at my 6 week check up I got the depo provera birth control shot, and within 24 hours I was crying non stop. I started seeing a psychiatrist and he has been messing around with my meds since and now the depression and anxiety are at the worst they have ever been. I don't have any feelings for my son, and I get anxious when I think about having to take care of him. I'm staying with my sister for now, and the doc says the meds they put me on should work but they take 4-6 weeks. I don't know how I am going to survive until then! Any suggestions are welcome on here or my email is pumpkin22neb@aol.com thanks!
[size=3][color=#3366FF]
Tara AKA KalesMommy
pumpkin22neb@aol.com
August 23rd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
My Name is Bekah, and I'm 17.

I am here because , I feel underappreciated, useless, pushed around, misunderstood and alone. I am also sure I suffer from depression ( may even be bipolar -- but who knows) I am a cutter and have been since I was 14. I suffered a m/c last year and now feel even more depressed and alone. sometimes I just wish I was never born.

<3 bekah

August 23rd, 2006, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im Vikki (17)
Ive come to this bord because DP thinks it will be good for me, I have never been diagnosed with depresion but I think I get it from time to time. I used to self harm alot untill I got pregnant. and would just like to chat to other people and vent to people who understand i guess
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

September 27th, 2006, 12:15 PM
dvrgrl38's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello, my name is Alison, I am 26, married to Ben, recently moved to SE Idaho.
I have depression and anxiety and am trying to deal with it while pregnant. I could use some friends and support from those who have gone through this or are going through it now.
Thanks!
September 28th, 2006, 08:45 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
I'm Ellie, I'm 18 from the UK (London) and I suffer from depression.
I have had three misscarriages and i have a long history of self harm. Sometimes I feel like I am a waste of peoples time that I have let down my angels and their fathers...
I live as a pessimist because its easier to expect the worst and not be dissapointed...
I sometimes cannot concentrate on anything and others i will bury myself under work from college.
Making films and listening to music is sometimes all that gets me through.
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

December 21st, 2006, 08:44 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Lauren, 20, engaged ... 2 dogs/1 cat.

I guess I'll hang out here a bit because DF's decision to stop TTC and go back to school instead is really eating at me ... I went through a major depressive episode my first year in college and I'm afraid I'm about to deal with that again. Also since several people in my mother's family are bipolar. Finding out that I'm actually bipolar and not just depressed is a big fear of mine.

I also have Social Anxiety Disorder. It's been getting better recently, but I don't get the support I need ... the school thing has caused us to move far away from our families and friends, and I can't talk to DF about things like this because he thinks I'll make everything into a discussion about TTC. Which I probably would. So I can't blame him. I've been too freaked out to even call a therapist for an appointment. A lot of social phobics have phone phobias, and it looks like I'm one of them.

</div>
December 21st, 2006, 10:14 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I'm Courtney (21), married to Dmitry (24), and we have a beautiful daughter, Julia (who's 15 months). We also have a Siberian Husky named Sasha Currently we're living in Texas, but relocating to Maryland in late February (we're military).

I was recently diagnosed with a panic disorder. I've been having frequent anxiety attacks, and just an overall feeling of helplessness, being out of control, and am getting more and more reluctant to do things I used to do with no problem (driving, going to crowded places) for fear of having an anxiety attack. It's really starting to get annoying.

I've tried Paxil and Celexa and neither work well for me (I had a really bad reaction to Celexa), and am currently just using Xanax when I need it, and am going to be starting therapy in early January to help learn some coping skills. I'm hoping this is more of a situational panic disorder, not one that I'll deal with the rest of my life...it's pretty isolated here in Texas, and when we get to Maryland we'll be closer to family and friends.
January 5th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Nightfable's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Nightfable
I'm Audrey, 25 and I have a beautiful 11 month-old daughter, 3 cats and a loving husband.

I've had two miscarriages in the past, the second one triggered a very severe depression and I started to self-harm and even attempted suicide. And last year (when I was pregnant with Eve), I would have anxiety attacks about fears of losing this baby and couldn't handle the stress - I resorted to self-harm again.

Today, I'm pregnant with my second child. I'm doing much better and didn't harm myself since the birth of my daughter. Sometimes, when I feel depressed I'm afraid that I will return to the old habit... I feel so alone. I want to be a strong mom and a good role-model for my children but it's like a dark creature lurking in the back of my mind, ready to pounce at any time.

There are days where I truely loath myself for what I have done. I wish I could be stronger...
January 6th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
I'm Audrey, 25 and I have a beautiful 11 month-old daughter, 3 cats and a loving husband.

I've had two miscarriages in the past, the second one triggered a very severe depression and I started to self-harm and even attempted suicide. And last year (when I was pregnant with Eve), I would have anxiety attacks about fears of losing this baby and couldn't handle the stress - I resorted to self-harm again.

Today, I'm pregnant with my second child. I'm doing much better and didn't harm myself since the birth of my daughter. Sometimes, when I feel depressed I'm afraid that I will return to the old habit... I feel so alone. I want to be a strong mom and a good role-model for my children but it's like a dark creature lurking in the back of my mind, ready to pounce at any time.

There are days where I truely loath myself for what I have done. I wish I could be stronger...[/b]
I'm glad you're here ... you dont have to feel alone in ANY way at all ... if you need anything just lean on us as much as you need to k?

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search