Feel Blue? Sign-in Here

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 12:35 AM
NavyBrat88
My name is Amee and I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder.
I am currently medicated which is the first time in a long time. Because usually once I feel better I stop taking them.
I guess I just need support for my manic moods and the down in the dump feelings I get sometimes. Its hard to talk to my mom about it because she also has bipolar and has a different view I guess you could say, almost like everything I do is wrong and I end up feeling like complete crap by the end of our conversation.
I hope you ladies will welcome me here!
May 2nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Chlo-eezy's Mommy's Avatar Regular
Hi everyone! I'm Tiffany. I'm new to this board, but I plan on sticking around for a while! A little about me: I've been diagnosed with BPD (boarderline personality disorder) don't know if I quite agree with it, but there it is. I'm currently on 150 mg of Effexor, but I plan to up to 300mg, like I was before the preganacy. I was on Prozac for the pregnancy, and Zoloft for the BF'ing. Neither did much good, but I survived and most importantly my baby girl Chloe is thriving. I'm currently under the care of Kaiser - if you have Kaiser then you know how crappy that is! I swear, if they send me to one more anxiety or depression "class" I'm going to scream. I'm glad to have found this board and I'm going to jump right in!

May 3rd, 2009, 04:51 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Angela, 32, mom to 2 teenage boys (15 and 13) and a 9 year old daughter. I'm also expecting a girl in mid-August. I've been married for a month to my second husband. He's an awesome husband, dad and support. He's my best friend.

I've been diagnosed with BPD, BP 1, PTSD, Generalized anxiety and sociopathic tendencies. I was on antipsychotic (Geodon) before I got pregnant. I was also on Celexa. The combination worked pretty well, I did still get some panic attacks.

Well, my rage issues have been getting harder to control. I've always been able to curb the need to cut or injure myself so I self-mutilate through art (getting tattoos). They're expensive, so I don't do it frequently.

I came here because yesterday I got into a mood and I was in a very bad place mentally. I didn't want to worry DH because I'm pregnant and the thoughts I was having, though horrible, were able to be controlled by logical thinking. However, I'm still feeling a little out of sorts and so I figure it's a good place to start (here).

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

May 8th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Audrey's Aunt Amanda's Avatar Not a mommy yet.
Send a message via ICQ to Audrey's Aunt Amanda Send a message via Yahoo to Audrey's Aunt Amanda
Hi my name is Amanda I am 25, no children yet, but I have 1 beautiful niece name Audrey. I was diagnosed with ADD, ADHD and ODD when I was in 4th grade and Bi Polar Disorder when I was 11 after I tried to take my own life because my sperm donor "father" wanted nothing to do with me. I have seen him twice in my 25 years of existence. I blame him for a lot, but I guess there is only so much you can blame someone for. When I was first diagnosed I was put on Lithium. Which took me from a regular sized kid, to now over 300 lbs. I have never had a boy friend and I have no self esteem. I was a high school drop out. I JUST got my GED and am getting ready to go to community college. I am just now getting my permit to drive which scares the hell out of me. And I have no job. Never have been able to hold one down for more then a year. I am now on Prozac. This is me. I'm Amanda.

PLUMCOSM
Purple Plums, just one more helping
Just SOME of my favorite names!

Last edited by Audrey's Aunt Amanda; May 8th, 2009 at 03:53 AM.
May 10th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanderd View Post
Hi my name is Amanda I am 25, no children yet, but I have 1 beautiful niece name Audrey. I was diagnosed with ADD, ADHD and ODD when I was in 4th grade and Bi Polar Disorder when I was 11 after I tried to take my own life because my sperm donor "father" wanted nothing to do with me. I have seen him twice in my 25 years of existence. I blame him for a lot, but I guess there is only so much you can blame someone for. When I was first diagnosed I was put on Lithium. Which took me from a regular sized kid, to now over 300 lbs. I have never had a boy friend and I have no self esteem. I was a high school drop out. I JUST got my GED and am getting ready to go to community college. I am just now getting my permit to drive which scares the hell out of me. And I have no job. Never have been able to hold one down for more then a year. I am now on Prozac. This is me. I'm Amanda.
Welcome to the board Amanda ... I'm glad you're here with us ... I'm Lisa mom to Sabrina 16 and Adam 14 and I'm bipolar one with social and generalised anxiety.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
June 3rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hi everyone, I'm Rebecca (29) married to Dan (29). Our son Ethan was stillborn February 10th, 2009. I am here because I was diagnosed bipolar 8 years ago. My bipolar d/o is extremely well controlled most of the time, but it's kind of a roller coaster when I'm pregnant, and I am currently TTC. I am also a former therapist and have a Master's in Social work, so I have a passion for mental health.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM
TurnAround
Hi! I'm Mini (20), DB is (23).
I cant divulge any demographics so I will just go by my nickname. Long story.....
Any who, I have bipolar and BPD. I am medicated and it seems to be working for me!
December 12th, 2009, 10:36 PM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
Hi my name is Shanise im 20 married to a 48 year old man for those of you bad with math thats 28 years apart i know it sound bad but its not that bad. I was on AIP and patty or misty i cant remember which told me about this board. I have schizophernia, schizotypal mood disorder, ADHD, and depression so basically im a sad sad case. I have taking celexa, abilify, methylin, concerta, seroquel and lots of others. right now i am on nothing for my schizophrenia because i just moved to a small city and havent found a dr that can prescribe it so im pretty mch going crazy well im already crazy im basically going insane. I get so angry at my children i dont mean to but i cant help it without my med's. I dont hit them or anything but i yell at them and after i do it i feel so bad because they cry and it just hurts my heart. I get so mad at everything and just want to end it all. i want to just go away forever but then i think about my kids and i try to be strong for them but i am losing this battle i can feel it. if i dont get my meds soon i dont know what will happen to me. I have been diagnosed with these things for 2 years now so i can kind of feel when my body is about to do something i dont want it to do so i can stop it but sometimes i dont know when its going to hit me so it really hard. i just needed to talk to people that are going through some of the things i am

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker
January 29th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
Hello I'm Emma

I've been dignosed with BPD and manic depression, i got dignosed at the sart of december last year, it's taken me a while to come to terms with it but i am on medication i'm on 30mg of citalopram a day and it's helped hugely! I sometimes find day to day life a struggle but my little boy and my OH get me through, he has been really understanding and i'm lucky to have him by my side. I also suffer from paranoia and have huge anxiety problems.

I'm better at helping other people than helping myself and i'm willing to lend an ear to anyone who needs one
February 21st, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hi Ladies, I'm thankful for this resource. I'm 30 and 6 weeks into my first pregnancy. I was funked-out for most of my 20s, but my depression was stable for the past year. I'm concerned that since becoming pregnant (hooray!) I've gone into lows as deep as the worst I've known. I'd had passing concerns on postpartum depression, but had no idea I would affected so strongly so soon. I want so much to be healthy for myself, my partner, and my child. I have identified this funk as part biochemical and part situational, but I don't want to be medicated right now. Can anyone recommend positivity exercises to deal with these mood swings? Thanks and Love to All.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search