Feel Blue? Sign-in Here

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2004, 09:15 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Sign in here and explain why you are joining us here at the Mental Health Board.
Hopefully this way we might find some common ground and be able to help each other get over our "BLUES" easier.
May 11th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Dori (29) and Alexis (7/10/02) from Erie, PA

I came to this board because one I wanted to help others feel better about about themselves. Not only that but I can relate, I have mild Depression myself. I orginally took Zoloft for mood swings caused by my seizure meds but due to recent things in my life my doctors prescribed Zoloft and increased the dosage for depression. So that is why I'm here besides being the host of the board.

*I also been around Mental Health persons so I know what it is like by living with them or being friends with them and having a Social Work degree helps.

-Dori
May 27th, 2004, 07:39 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name is Tammy. I`m feeling Blue because of the miscarry I had last Thursday. I worry that I might not be able to have another Baby. My Hubby & I want a Baby sooooo much! He has no children and has always dreamed of being a Daddy....I hope I can make that dream come true...For us both! He will be a wonderful daddy.......

June 8th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tamw402004@May 27 2004, 08:39 AM
My name is Tammy. I`m feeling Blue because of the miscarry I had last Thursday. I worry that I might not be able to have another Baby. My Hubby & I want a Baby sooooo much! He has no children and has always dreamed of being a Daddy....I hope I can make that dream come true...For us both! He will be a wonderful daddy.......
Tammy-
If you keep your faith and high spirits up you just may have your wish. Even if you can't have a baby on your own there are so many other options out there to help you at least get a baby for your husband. But right now just focus what a great life you have together & what great possibilities you both will have when the time does come. Don't give up hope.

-Dori
June 10th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I'm Stephanie (22) and I have one son who will be a year old on June 20, and I am married to a very wonderful man.
We are currently expecting our second child in October ( A girl)

I'm here because lately I have just been feeling like I can not handle anything. I'm at a loss for words to really explain it and I've tried talking to a friend before but it doesnt seem to be doing any good. I get angry for no reason and then there are days where I just want to lock myself in my room and cry. I feel that I can not tell my husband because he will think that If I am like this with only one child, then how will I be when the other one gets here.

It's taken me a few weeks to even come to this board...so maybe now I can get a grip on things.

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

June 15th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Veteran
Hi, my name is Andrea & I'm here b/c the marriage counselor my husband & I are seeing thinks I am bipolar...and unfortunately I think she is right. So I am going to a psychiatrist Friday & hopefully getting some help to feel normal again!
July 11th, 2004, 03:20 AM
CassieM's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to CassieM
HI! I am a veteran of severe depression. I am diagnosed with major recurrent depression and dysthymia (low level depression that is there 24/7 and un responsive to meds) I've had this for about 20 years now. I've been hospitolized 3 times, one for a suicide attempt and been in partial hospitolizations twice. I am what they call "medicine resistant" My body does not fully respond to most of the antidepressants out there so I take zoloft but it does not help as well as it should. It does however keep me from having severe lows. I've been in therapy for about 15 years now. My phychiatrist MD says I was more than likely born with some level of chemical imbalance that causes depression (runs in my family and is highly hereditary) but because of my mom's death when I was a child and the neglect and abandonment I suffered at the hands of my mom's family and my dad the depression became much worse. ANYHOW........I am doing MUCH better the last several years........really working on seeing the warning signs and when to run for immediate help and learning how to help myself. You could say : You've come a long way baby! Every day though I have a level of depression that never leaves me....some days are worse than others........
July 11th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to momof2busybees Send a message via Yahoo to momof2busybees
Hi I'm Laura and I am here because I feel like everything is caving in on me lately and my mood swings are awful! I have never had problems with sever depression until about 8mos ago. Then it seems like everything has caved in on me.
August 2nd, 2004, 10:23 AM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
This is Janelle...I am here because I am sitting at my comp crying right now. I am gonna get on a pitty pot right now so be prepared. I have no friends, I have no life, I lose my temper all the time, I have been diagnosed with depression a couple of times by different doctors but discontinued treatment. My dh is great but I just get so angry sometimes. I just dont have the life I want to have and it makes me very sad because I cannot figure out how to change it. I need help and this seems to be the place to come for that.

August 25th, 2004, 09:10 AM
(Oops, the above post was by me, but I forgot to log in. Can someone delete it?)

My name is Lucinda. I'm in Ontario, Canada. I'm 22. I have a 3-year-old daughter and am pregnant with my second child.

I was diagnosed with depression, 8 years ago. I've been to many psychiatrists, therapists, etc. and have been on different medications. Nothing has been able to help me so far.

There's lots to tell, but I wanted to get to know everyone first...

November 22nd, 2004, 06:21 PM
Regular
Hi. My name is Jana. I'm 26 and I have been with my better half for 7 years. We have two daughters together and have had 4 miscarriages.

I just don't enjoy life as much as I want to. I am constantly irritable and feel down most of the time. I don't know if I am depressed or what. Either that or I just don't want to admit I am. I've done quizzes to see if I'm depressed but how reliable are those. I've been holding back going to my Dr about this because I am really kind of scared about the whole scenario.

Jana
December 5th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Neoma's Avatar Veteran
Monica, 22, lived with my fiance for almost 4 years now and I am 20 weeks pregnant with our first baby.

I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression when I was 14, was in therapy groups in school since I was 9 years old, and in and out of psychiatrists offices until I was 18. I've gotten a lot better in the past few years, but I am still prone to the occasional blue period or times when I get angry easily, especially now.

I'm having trouble at work (they've screwed me in two different ways regarding pay right before christmas) and have lost most of my drive to work and do a good job. I cry for no reason which I absolutely hate with a passion, and am having trouble adjusting to this "helpless" period during my pregnancy, where I can't lift things that are too heavy, have to sit down because my back hurts so badly after a few hours on my feet, etc. It frustrates me to no end, but I am doing my best not to let it show when my friends and family are around because I don't think they should have to endure seeing me at my worst if I can help it.

December 15th, 2004, 05:32 PM
crazylady
Cece (20) mom to David (21 months) and Devin (5 months) and pregnant

ok i am here because i am always feeling down unless i have i guess a man in my life (if you let my aunt tell it at least) ive been screwed with both of my babies fathers (i have 2 but i was with my first for 3.5 years but while we were broke up for about 3 months i had gotten pregnant by a complete freak accident with my second with another man who has yet to even see his son)...now just recently i met someone who i REALLY thought could be the ONE for me....but as always nothing good seems to come of anything that comes my way (lol im pitiful i know)
anyway, i hate being pregnant i have gotten pregnant TWICE now while on birth control (well partly to my own fault...with my second i had sex 4 times total and was taking the pill whenever "i could remember" but ALWAYS used protection and the protection never broke either so i dont know what the heck happened, and with this one i am pregnant with now i had sex twice and umm was on the patch but i think i screwed the days up that i was supposed to have it on or i didnt wait long to start having sex i dunno) anyway ive become really depressed since the man i had met a few months back has i guess decided to not contact me...i feel so used....its so sad i have also been a victim of some pretty bad domestic violence with my first babys father....anyway....as i said i hate being pregnant and now i am alone AND pregnant...and it SUCKS...big time...that and NO ONE in my family besides my brother knows that i am pregnant...not even my aunt whom i reside with....i think im also depressed because of Christmas coming up and i have no money...its been this way for the last 2 years....i had an income last year but my money was stolen just before Christmas and then again 2 weeks later...this year i lost my job in oct and have not been able to get another one so far...so i cant get my poor babies anything special...not to mention my family has this thing where if you have kids they put all the kids names in a hat and whatever name you pull (and you pull as many names depending how many kids you have...for instance i have 2 so they pulled 2 names out for me) and that is who you have to buy christmas presents for...but i wasnt there and they didnt do it last year because of my situation but for someone they did it to me this year...i dont know how im supposed to come up with gifts for 2 little cousins if i cant come up with some for my son?....oh well that and i am having trouble finding an apt that i can afford....everything just seems to suck right now....thats why im here...sorry so long
December 21st, 2004, 08:21 AM
I Heart 4x4
You guys all know who I am, but for those that don't ..

I am Ashley. I'm 21, happily married and a SAHM to my 2 year old.

I've had three miscarriages in one year ... one at 6w in April, 5w in July and 10.5w in November. This last one just ... totally broke me. No other words to describe it.

There are a lot of reasons why I am here. I am going to make a post in a minute to kind of announce myself.

February 13th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HEY! i'm Liz, 18. I'm just feeling like crap in all aspects of my life right now. [will post in another post]. I've been on zoloft for depression but stopped last summer after taking it for a year. Just need somebody to talk/listen.
June 5th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Jynnie-Pooh's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Jynnie-Pooh
Hello,
My name is Ruthann and I am 16. From reading some of the posts above I kinda feel bad for even letting anyone know why I am here because it seems pretty petty now (which is just one problem I've always had in life). I just found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago and now I feel really guilty about the situation. The family background I come from it is a shame for someone to be in my predicament seeing that I have been warned and I should know better and I am a devout Christian. My family is just going to freak out when I tell them about all of this expecially seeing they hate my boyfriend. I've just had so much stuff on my mind like how good of a mother will I be, how will I provide, where will I live (b/c my family will not take care of me no more), and so much more. I just feel like I am the only one who takes care of me and no one can possible understand. This just was not my idea for my first pregnancy. I try to stay positive and figure things out but the more I hear my family talk about other teens who got pregnant the more it scares me to tell them anything. I just feel so lost at sea right now.

The day I lost my little angel, even heaven cried...
June 27th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CanuckGal@Jun 25 2005, 08:53 PM
My name is Jodi and I guess I'm just completely overwhelmed. I have nothing diagnosed and all 3 doctors I've seen refuse to put me on anything as what I'm going through is just situational. In the last 3 months, I've moved to a brand new city away from my friends and family, started a new job that ended up being a lot more than I anticipated, moved in with a friend and got pregnant by him. I thought I was handling everything great but when you throw hormones in there then you just get a big angry, crying mess. But things are getting better as both the baby's father and I adjust more to our situation. Thank you for putting this board up, I'm happy I've found it even though I hope I'm over the worst part.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hey I think I be "depressed" too if I was going through what you did...moving away from loved ones, getting pregnant unplanned and having a stressful job? um yeah that sounds like it can be "situational depression" to me. I think I would have had a nervous break down myself! I am glad things are getting better and I hope things stay that way! We are always here, even if you just want to chat, vent out or celebrate or need some support and hugs. Hope to get to know you better.

-Dori

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search