17 Weeks & Crying Spells Galore (X-Posted)

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Hello,

I am 17 weeks today. I've been diagnosed with depression years ago, see a therapist etc etc. Doctors took me of Effexor XR and put me on Prozac. I feel miserable. It is getting worse every day. If I am not crying about fear of losing our baby I am crying about how unhappy I am at work. I also have not been sleeping well as I can not turn my brain off at night.

I am at a loss and don't know what to do. Teaching is a ridiculously demanding job and I come home cranky and tired and harbor a lot of resentment about the fact that I do school work every night and most weekends.

I see OB today and need to let him know how sad I am. I cried for 2 hours last night and woke up crying this morning. Going to work today was such a fear and major challenge. I am overwhelmed and depressed.

I don't know what to do. If Effexor could harm my baby then of course I will stay away from it, but I can NOT go through the next 5 months feeling like this ~ especially inmy line of work. There's no time to be sad or on the verge of tears in front of the kids. And I am only going to get more fatigued.

I am so excited to be a mom and can't wait but I have no idea how to proceed from here. I just want to not be so stressed, upset and overwhelmed.

Any advice from anyone who has dealth with major depressive disorder during pregnancy please let me know.

Thank you all.
September 14th, 2010, 01:55 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)). Im on Effexor and risperidone. I came off them to get pregnant with ds#3. I cant remember how I coped whilst I was pregnant but I was a looong pregnancy because of that. Just try and think of times when you were happy and what makes you happy and try and stay positive (as hard as that can be some days). Also are you religious or spiritual? you could try talking to god or praying when you feel down to take your mind off things. I find this can really help some days. Good luck

September 16th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did the doctor taper u off of effexor? Even if u did slowly wean off, u still might be experiencing withdrawals. Just a thought? My dr is tapering me off of paxil and my depression is getting worse... both paxil and effexor have bad withdrawal symptoms.

I suffered with MDD while I was pregnant, also. I was on wellbutrin at the time. It is safe during pregnancy, but i was still very depressed a lot of the time. I didn't really deal with it very well, honestly. I don't really haev advice =( I'm sorry!

but I hope you can talk to someone and maybe find another medication that will work for you?? I hope you feel better soon =)

September 19th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Hello,

OB was wonderful and is slowly adding Effexor to my medications and slowly eliminating the Prozac. Hopefully I'll feel better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search