Pristiq

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone ever tried/currently taking Pristiq? My psychiatrist is weaning me off of Paxil, and I just started taking Pristiq because she said it was better for managing social anxiety.

I started 50mg of Pristiq yesterday. It is a serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (instead of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor like Paxil). My psych said it is like the cousin of Effexor...

I think coming off the Paxil is making me really irritable. I think I have always been kinda moody and irritable, lol... but my mom and dad are saying I'm way worse now. So I'm hoping it gets better... I do notice my son is getting on my nerves a lot more than before. He's always been defiant and active and he always stressed me out unfortunately, but I find myself having less patience with him =( I wish I could be more patient and not yell so much. I think I yell at him too much =( And I feel sooooo bad for that.

I was just wondering if anyone has taken Pristiq and how u liked it/ if it worked?

Last edited by k1210; September 18th, 2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: i read it and it was very lengthy and had irrelevant info in it, lol
September 19th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Hi!

I have been on Effexor for years and know the drugs are very similar. I will say that Effexor is an absolute life saver. I tried Pristiq samples for 4 weeks and felt as good as Effexor.

Just a side note: Effexor XR is now available as a generic in the USA and I am not sure if Pristiq is? So if cost is an issue, as your psych to switch you to Effexor.
September 21st, 2010, 12:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah, she gave me a month's supply of pristiq. i'm liking it so far... but i'm thinking it's a placebo effect, b/c it has only been a week at most!!!!!

i think my insurance will cover it.... i have medicaid... but if not, i think she can call in like the authorization for it, and it'll be covered. i'll have to see about that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search