New here and struggling

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2010, 11:27 PM
horrormoviefan
Hello ladies. i happened upon this board while desperately searching for some answers and hope maybe you can help me? I am 24w6d pg. This is a back to back pg. I have 4 other children, my youngest being only 9 months. With my son I had an infection known as bacterial vaginosis which was resistant to all meds and spontaneously broke my water at 35w2d. My son was in the nicu for 9 hellish days and I have never fully recovered from that. I fell pg at 4 months with him and boom the bv came back. I have been suffering for it for weeks now. I have tried every medicine out there I can safely take. Nothing is working. It doesn't even leave. I am terrified and anxious my water will break again early and obsessed with pPROM, pt labor, any leaking I feel I freak out about. It's getting worse as the weeks go on. My dr agreed to steroid shots for my babys lungs. I had my 1st shot today and will have my 2nd in the morning. It is 1:30 am and I cannot sleep. My mind i racing. If I start ctxing I freak out. I am terrified to tell my dr as he's already ready to discharge me from his practice because of how erractic he thinks I am, pushing for meds to try and treat the bv. I feel like I can't be normal because this infection is just getting worse and it will do the exact same thing just like my son. I don't knw what to do?
October 13th, 2010, 02:31 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey sweetie. So sorry about your problems. I have no idea of any advice to give you, but i wanted you to know someone was reading and thinking of you. Big hugs.

ETA: ok, well i did have one thought. have you shared your anxiety with your dr? bcs what you're having there isnt' worry, its severe anxiety, and that can do some harm to you AND your baby. There are some safe meds for anxiety that you can take to help you. you shouldn't have to deal with every day feeling THAT upset.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

Last edited by smsturner; October 13th, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
October 13th, 2010, 03:51 PM
horrormoviefan
thank you. it seems as the days climb into higher weeks and weeks and closer to 35 weeks, when my son was born, it gets harder. I am 10 weeks from being 35 weeks. I feel each day is a fight and a huge milestone. just really frustrated and scared and want this baby to stay put till 37 weeks. then i'll breathe easy. I have not discussed this with my dr. he already thinks im a bit off my rocker. he knows how scared i am about early labor due to my bv infection that will not leave. i've discussed that with him. haven't told him that i can't sleep some nights or at nighttime i obsess over what might happen.
October 13th, 2010, 04:35 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yw Another thought is that if you are feeling your dr thinks you are nuts, then it's time for a new doctor!!
it seems to me you have valid worries, and need some help with them!

huge well wishes!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
October 14th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also think your dr needs to take your anxiety more seriously!!!!
You have a right to be worried and he should be validating your anxiety and finding a way to help you so you and your baby can stay healthy. Can he refer you to a psychiatrist/therapist? Or maybe you can switch drs? Idk if you'd want to in the middle of a pregnancy (that may be stressful), but if you feel like he's not taking you seriously, maybe that would be the best decision! I hope things work out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search