Not feeling like myself...

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been on Prozac 40 mg for a year now. I have depression and anxiety. I was told the anxiety is from a form of PTSD.

Anyway I was feeling pretty good up until a few weeks ago. Since then I'm sleeping as much as I can, I'm always tired, I have no energy and I just feel completely down and overwhelmed with day to day life.

I'm a married stay at home mom to 3 kids. My 10 and 4 year old both have ADHD and my 6 month old is just clingy. My DH NEVER helps out with them or with housework but it's always been that way and I was fine with that before.

My grandfather passed away last week but I don't really feel like that made me any worse you know what I mean?

Should I just wait this out or see my family doc again? Could it be that the Prozac just isn't working anymore?

Edited to Add: I also have no patience with my kids. I'm very irritable lose my patience very quickly/easily.

Last edited by Amanda C; October 17th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.
October 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't wait it out... if it is causing you distress, then talk to someone!

The depression is probably causing the irritability... I am also like that a lot =( It really sucks... and makes me feel guilty..

I'm sorry I'm not much of a help... =/ Good luck =) Let us know what you decide/how things are going!!

October 17th, 2010, 02:12 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't wait either. you NEED that energy!!
irratibility is one of my big symptoms of depression too. it's frustrating, bcs you know you are acting annoyed all the time, but can't help it.

Also, tell your husband he NEEDS to help. it is NOT an option for him to be a father and do nothing to help. he's an adult, he should act like one. I had a husband like that. I understand it's hard, but really, he needs to listen. Maybe he could go with you to a therapy appointment?
it's hard enough having problems, and feeling lousy, but he's making it worse by not being a responsible adult.

i hope you feel better soon hun!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
October 19th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Thanks ladies. I have an appt tomorrow with my family doc.

As for my dh helping out I'm not sure it's even possible. Take this week for example. His job has him scheduled to work 72 hours plus it's a 2 hour commute daily so that's 12 more hours. Next week he's scheduled for 62 hours.

It makes for long weeks here sometimes but I try not to complain about it b/c they did lay offs at his job about a year and a half ago and they kept dh so I'm just glad he has a job you know?

October 19th, 2010, 06:24 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes, i very much get what you're saying...sorry, i didn't mean to sound like a jerk! i was reading back, and realize i did. it's just a super hot button for me, bcs i had a hubby who didn't bother working, didn't ever help out, didn't want anything to do with the kids. and then abused me when i needed things to change. didn't mean to push my issues on you.

i really hope your appt goes well!!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
October 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
No I know what you meant actually! I hear it from my friends all the time it's just that in our situation dh is really overworked and can't always help out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search