we started ttc while im on 50mgs of lamictal

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i'm going up to 75mgs next tuesday, doing normal things like going to the gym, cleaning, listening to music. dressing my reborns & taking pics. my depression has been less in the past 5 weeks. i'm nervous about ttc again. i hate bfn's. so i'm not buying any pregnancy tests nor ovulation tests. i have our nc trip in july to look foward to reguardless if i get a fbp or bfn. i just want a baby very badly. sometimes i think i can't get pregnant b/c i pray for it too much...so much for wanting something so bad, i can't deal with the bs that if you wait and not try it will happen. i'll scream if one more person tells me that. so we are totally just making love and praying. my fiance` is worried about me. i told him, i have you so i'll be fine and on meds as well. being off meds while ttc was horrible. thank god the doc approved it.i'm a lil worried, the cleft palate risk. but i can't function with out lamictal and i don't want our child and any other child we have to deal with an not functional mom. i want to be stable and happy as i am on lamictal. its a miracle pill.

February 10th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Hunni
you are going to do great, I was the same way while TTC DS, and that month I had just figured that was it I wasn't able to have anymore kids that I didn't deserve them, I mean two years really...
even if there is a palate baby will still be healthy, and so will you you are right it's more important the kids grow up happy etc, that's what finally made me go see my Dr after 27 years of suffering alone was I could see myself turning into my mother (bad bad thing)
you will do great and this isn't what you want to hear but if it doesn't happen least you get to have alot of sex lol
March 17th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought I'd offer my experience up.

I was on 400mg Lamictal when we got pregnant. I was also very nervous about the cleft issue (especially being at the maxed dose) but I had a talk with my doctor and my meds prescriber. They agreed that the risk to me and the baby would be worse if I came off the meds. What I decided to do was step my dosage down to 200mg/day through the pregnancy. That was the lowest dosage I could do and still keep some semblance of control. Everything went well. Of course, I held my breath at each ultrasound until I saw that she was perfect. I had a healthy, but REALLY uncomfortable, pregnancy. (Uncomfortable was due to pre-existing back issues, arthritis and the fact that I fell and cracked my pelvis at 8 months.)

AS SOON as I had Bella, as in THAT night, I went back up to 300mg for a week and then up to 400mg. I also DID NOT breast feed. Didn't even attempt it. I did all I could to inhibit milk development before her birth. Instead she's a completely formula-fed baby. Bella is absolutely perfect and beautiful. She was a tad small (6 lbs, 8 oz and just over 18" long) but had 8/9 Apgars. We figured she's just going to be petite.. Hubby's family is very petite. She's 15 months now and her check-up was Monday... she's just over 19 lbs but 31 in long. She had a little ear infection a few months ago and a little stuffy nose head cold this winter but other than that, she's been perfectly healthy. Even when we had a horrible stomach bug going around the family, she didn't catch it.

The odds of cleft are VERY low but I would definitely discuss it with your doc. I just thought I'd offer up a positive experience.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search