Feeling like I'm in a bubble

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know we all here have our ups and downs. It comes with territory of our issues. Lately I feel as though I'm in a bubble and I can't get out of it. Truthfully I'm having all these urges to do things, no nothing self-injurious but all the same could prove to be detrimental. On the "horizon" if you will are positive things that could happen in my life. We might get a new place and I should be able to start getting the proper help I need. I feel as though I'm stuck inside my own world. I had a breakdown before easter and actually opened up to DH only to be treated wrongly. Needless to say I'm not going to open up to him that way ever again. I don't like feeling this way. I'm daily trying to keep myself together and so far since the last breakdown I'm doing pretty well but it's becoming almost impossible to "hide" what's going on. I feel horrible because I know it's having an effect on my marriage and my children---in that I know they can pick up on something is amiss with me. Anyone have any encouragement or advice? I'm out of all the medications I've been sparingly using and I'm not looking to turn toward that route again at this time. TIA for all ears lent and advice given.

April 28th, 2011, 05:01 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way...I think my depression/anx becoming worse was a cause of my pregnancy and nevan is almost 2 , but it isnt urges so much, although ive had those too out of severe anxiety... its thoughts and fears im obsessing over, and then i get depressed. Im on a new drug seroquel at night which helps me towards the end of the day along with celexa. i tried some herbal stuff that helped somewhat... hylands calms, or rescue remedy. But went on meds again, becase i feel it helps me at least 60 %. I kno its very hard... my only advice is to stay as positive as you can, and to just trust your instincts on the fact that everything is going to be ok.. things will get better, you are strong... etc. I know its hard to do, but when you do find it in you to do that, and move forward and see the positive things in your life, it makes it that much better.Gl, and i hope that things will get better soon for you. PS Also find someone that will support you and listen... without judging... i found that only sometimes talking with friends and family was better than always confessing to them everything that was going on, and is still. A therapist helped me a lot after 4 sessions, and i see my dr s well for follow ups... im not near 100 % better, but def better than fall 10/.

Last edited by HailandNevansmom; April 28th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
April 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for that ^ all of it. It's not easy, as you know, and it's so difficult to not really have much of a hold on yourself.

Tags
bubble , sadness , trapped

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search