Anybody Bipolar?

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2011, 08:58 AM
JessMomto2boys's Avatar Veteran
I was diagnosed with Bipolar II in January and it has been quit the long road since than. I was wondering if anybody here is Bipolar and what medications you are on? I have been on many since January, but am currently on Abilify, Celexa, and Topamax. It seems to be working, although I still don't feel "happy". I just feel stable and able to cope. No longer angry at the world.

Would love to hear from others....if there are any......
July 27th, 2011, 04:36 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Sorry, I'm BPD and not bipolar. This board doesn't move much so hopefully someone will come on and talk to you soon.
July 28th, 2011, 02:36 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Try Lamictal (good mood stabilizer), Wellbutrin (increases energy) and Neurontin (good for anxiety). You can PM me if you have any questions.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
August 8th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I have bipolar 1 and before getting pregnant I was on Seroquel, Prozac and klonopin. I've been on so many different meds since being diagnosed, it's frustrating but once you find the right combination for you it's a lot easier to deal with. Limictal is a good one and I've known a lot of people who use it and like it. There isn't really a drug that'll make you feel happy, that's something you may need to work on in therapy. If you're stable and able to live your day to day life that's good! It is important to work on being as happy as you can be. Hope you find something that works for you!
August 11th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm the same. Type II. I've been on many different meds. Paxil, prozac, depicote, lithium, lamictol...

The closest to really helping my moods was lamictol with prozac. Still made me feel... blah. Like I was watching not living. But hey, at least I wasn't dealing with mood issues.

I was actually going to a new dr tomorrow cause the last one who prescribed it didn't take my insurance anymore. I was going to see what he could do for me.
August 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm bipolar II as well. I tried lots of different meds like Celexa, Effexor, Lamicital and Wellbutrim. My PD has now prescribed Seroquel which is supposed to be great for BP, but I'm a little worried about the sleepiness it causes. Wellbutrim has the least side affects for me, but doesn't help my depression.
Bipolar is complex and it can take awhile to find the right meds that works for you. Hang in there and good luck!
August 31st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Super Mommy
I've taken Depakote, Topamax, Trileptal, Tegretol and currently Lamictal (which so far I like) if it doesn't work out my only recourse is to try lithium. :'( DH is on celexia and lamictal. DH is still not feeling "well" after starting meds in July and I started my meds when I was in a stabler part of my cycle so only time will tell. We are both in therapy 2x a month, we are thinking about doing family therapy and having our son "see someone".
September 9th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am on lamictal, i've been on it for 3 yrs. this is the miracle med for me, 100mgs. im in counseling 2 a mth as well. i tried 8 meds and finally one worked. found out my insurance is changing things in oct, i'm praying lamictal is a keeper on their list...ugh i don't even wanna know how much it is with out insurance...my son is in counseling 1 a week, it has helped out greatly. my husband and i go to counseling to help our relationship, livcing together with mine & nick disablity and my bipolar and our son's behavioral issues, it give my hubby and i an outlet to vent and work on our issues.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search