Introduce yourselves!

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 04:42 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
This board is extremely slow, and I know there are alot of us who are suffering and it would be nice to connect with other people who have the same issues.

I'll start.

I'm Dayna, I'm 31 and I was diagnosed with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). I have anxiety as well. I'm on 200mg of Zoloft right now but that isn't working too well so I have another appointment on Friday to discuss my other med options. I have seen many psychiatrists in the past and am going to start seeing a psychologist soon. I self harm when I get really angry. I'm also going to take a course on anger management. I feel so f'ed up mentally and if I don't do something about it, I'm scared of what my future will hold.

Your turn!
July 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
luvmygirls333's Avatar Super Mommy
It is really slow around here!

I'm Kim, 30, and I have anxiety and panic attacks. I was taking 1mg of Xanax when I had an attack, but I was needing to take them more and more and finally decided to try a daily med 5 weeks ago. I have also been seeing a therapist for a few months. My dr put me on 10mg of Celexa. The first 2 weeks I was SOOOO exhausted, and the second 2 weeks on it I was in a constant anxious state. So that didn't work. I went off that and started on 37.5mg of Effexor XR 8 days ago. So far so good.
Since I started trying out the daily meds, I haven't really been hungry (which is awesome for me, since I needed to lose about 15 lbs, and I'm ALWAYS hungry) and I've lost 5 lbs! I'm hoping the Effexor works....I am nervous about having to try 10 different pills and put up with all of their crazy side effects!
July 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Hi I know what you mean about trying different pills, it's so annoying.

I was taking Xanax but had to go off it. It made me like a zombie, and I was on the 1mg as well. It was terrible. At work I would forget what I was doing, and there's two days that I don't remember at all.

I need to not be so hungry, since starting the zoloft I have gained alot of weight. Blah.

Good luck with your meds, I hope they work.
August 8th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Hi, I'm Amanda I have bipolar 1, PTSD, severe anxiety and a double depression diagnosis! I was taken off all but my antidepressant earlier this year when we started TTC! I'm just over ten weeks pregnant with my first and we don't know how my illness is going to affect me during pregnancy. I see a therapist weekly and am monitored closely by my Drs to watch for any signs of getting worse. It's been ok, until the last week or so. I find myself very on edge, easily aggitated, withdrawn and very moody and emotional! I'm hoping to find others who are dealing with mental health issues while being pregnant!
August 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm Maria and I have bipolar II along with anxiety and panic attacks. I have tried a lot of different meds for the last 10 years. I currently on Wellbutrim, but my PD wants me to start on Seroquel now since it doesn't do much for my depression.
August 31st, 2011, 07:53 PM
Super Mommy
I'm Lisa, 28 I have Bipolar I and eating disorder NOS. The ED causes issues with me staying on BP meds. if I get paranoid that it's making me gain weight I'll completely stop taking it. I just recently restarted taking medication after a very bad angry manic period at the same time DH was in a hypo-manic period. I'm very thankful of wonderful friends that allow my son to stay with them w/o question. I'm happy with my new pdoc and the center I'm going to after years of being completely discouraged and honestly giving up. I'm currently slowly increasing lamictal to 100mg 1x a day.
September 9th, 2011, 09:46 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Hi! I posted here for a bit a while back...but haven't in a while...

I'm Keri-Ann and I have OCD (obsessive thoughts) and anxiety. Currently the only medication i'm on is Trazodone for insomnia (too small of a dose for the anxiety).

I've been seeing a therapist for about a year now and in my last session she asked if I'd ever thought of seeing an actual psychiatrist who could get me on some anti-anxiety meds...I'm thinking about it, but not sure yet, as we are still TTC our first (but we have male infertility we're dealing with, on top of all the crap I deal with! haha)...

My anxiety is mostly work related - even though i absolutely LOVE my job - i'm coming close to having panic attacks at work because of my high-stress corporate job...

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
September 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
CupcakeJamie's Avatar Got Cupcake?
I'm Jamie and I'm dealing with depression, anxiety and borderline agoraphobia (a shut in) If you click the link in my siggy it's my blog of dealing with stuff and explains a lot more

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search